Engagement Session at Brazos Bend, Texas

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited October 14, 2015 in Weddings

Comments

• PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2015
    Excellent work as always. I enjoy your posts. Great use of the sun.

On the first one it seems a bit low in contrast and they get lost a bit. Maybe a bit of filter work opposite of their clothing to bring them out a bit?
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2015
    As always, I am impressed. I learn a lot from studying your shots--thanks for posting!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2015
    Very pretty! I'd personally ditch some of the (I think in process added?) yellow sun beams (in my opinion they'll just look outdated in a few years). But beautiful se of images! And p.s. I might just have to hate your for the backdrop in #1. Jealous!!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2015
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Very pretty! I'd personally ditch some of the (I think in process added?) yellow sun beams (in my opinion they'll just look outdated in a few years).

Yep, I agree. However, if that's what's selling right now...use it. It's just very evident that you figured out how to add the faux sun effect. And, it shows. Same yellow color in all of the images where you used it...regardless of the sky...overcast / washed out.

Eleven is a good example of the faux sun effect. The shadow under her chin and on his nose indicates light raised image right...yet you weren't able to over power the sun...hmmm. And, you left finger shadows on his right hand from your image left light. You might want to remove those. Looks like you colorized the flash and tried to disguise it as the sun. Right?

Watch out for disconnected hands. Like his hand that magically appears on her shoulder...or her hand that looks as if it should be behind her by the way that her arm is positioned, and yet, there it is, a hand on the limb. I don't say this just to impune your work, but look at photo adds...and see if you ever see disconnected hands that appear out of nowhere. But, in reality, clients not knowing what to look for, will almost never catch these little booboos, or for that matter, even care.

These are things that most people, especially people new to photography, wouldn't notice, and even applaud.

Anyways, like I said. If this is your style...and you're successful at it, as it appears that you are, go for it. If your clientel apprecaite what you're doing...money is money. After all, when the cards are laid on the table, who's driving the best car!

To me, one, two, four, and thirteen are the best in the set. And kudos...you have captured the emotion of the moment. That instant filled with anticipation and romance, just before the kiss...the nuzzle...great work...great captures. I would suggest that anyone seeing the images posted in this thread take a close look and try to emulate the OP's style...you'll sell a lot more images. Emotion sells, emotion trumps all the technically correct things that you might have missed when you took the image. It's what adds the awwww factor.

Forget taking the kissy pictures with the poochie lips...documentary stuff...get the just before and the just after...

And, women love it. I should know...I have three daughters and a very loving wife...it took me a while, but I eventually learned what, "awwww," was all about. You see, women know...and guys have to learn.

The above are suggestions...and not to be taken as condiminatition.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    Ed911 wrote: »
    And kudos...you have captured the emotion of the moment. That instant filled with anticipation and romance, just before the kiss...the nuzzle...great work...great captures. I would suggest that anyone seeing the images posted in this thread take a close look and try to emulate the OP's style...you'll sell a lot more images. Emotion sells, emotion trumps all the technically correct things that you might have missed when you took the image. It's what adds the awwww factor.

Forget taking the kissy pictures with the poochie lips...documentary stuff...get the just before and the just after...

And, women love it. I should know...

Well said, and I can fully endorse this concept. I shoot around 15 sessions per week for a high end resort-based turn & burn photo company. My pay is commission, based upon what the clients purchase after the shoot (no sitting fee, complimentary to the guests). You bet your sweet arse I'm always studying why someone purchases and why they don't. Rarely is "we don't have the money" the real excuse. The real answer, even if they can't articulate it, is "you didn't capture something magical that makes me love this forever and want to spend money on it."

The above set is a GREAT example of these magic moments captured.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2015
    I think it's a great set and like 11 the best. I guess I like the things people are nitpicking or don't notice to begin with. Of course I am more of a how does the picture make feel over analyzing little things.
  • pablo102pablo102 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    Very nice work! I think it would be as good without the sun flares. The posing feels very romantic.
  • compasiune11compasiune11 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins

Great couple and great images. Your colors look stunning!

Fotograf Nunta | Fotograf Brasov
    Canon 5DIV | Canon EF 35 f1.4 L II | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L II | Canon 70-200 f2.8 L II IS | Canon 16-35 f4 L IS
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins

Excellent work. Nice pics--all of them.

• ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2018

Love love love all of these. Great work. The colors really pop and the lighting is just brilliantly framed in each.

edit - I just realize this post is really old, lol, still love the photos regardless though ;)