Europe

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins

Spent some days in Europe back in 2015 and then again this past June. We visited Amsterdam and Maastricht in the Netherlands. Then we headed to Cologne, Germany where we spent 2 days. From Germany, we trained to Brussels for a few days with a trip to Brugge thrown in the mix. In June, we went to Paris and spent 4 days there before heading to Iceland.

Thought I'd share some photos from the trip as it's been awhile since I've shared much on Dgrin.

"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Wow. Just Wow! :D

These are all spectacular, but #18 - the Louvre is extra-special. Of course, my favorite would have to be the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in #9 ( we just lost our 8 year old Cavalier a week ago to a rare disease).

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wow, a great series! I agree with Jo, #18 of the Louvre Pyramid is spectacular. I'm also very fond of #3 of the man on the bike (it looks like in Amsterdam) and #21 of the Sainte-Chapelle.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

This is a wonderful series! I love #3, such a wonderful perspective.

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Wonderful series, i enjoyed going through it. I am glad you enclosed some street candids which added a lot to this set.

thanks

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Hill5Hill5 New member Posts: 6 Big grins
    Wow, really beautiful Europe trip!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments. It was a wonderful experience and am glad I can share it with you all.

My Smug Site
  • dragandjordjevicdragandjordjevic Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins

17, 18 and 23 would be my picks :)

• legionxstudioslegionxstudios Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    Some really amazing pictures! I really love the one of the Louvre Museum!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

OK, I have to ask. What is going on in No. 19? Some kind of performance art?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins

Awesome set of pics. For me, numbers 7, 18, 23 are just WOW! The Louvre is simply spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

Sherry P.

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    OK, I have to ask. What is going on in No. 19? Some kind of performance art?

David. Apparently he is a pretty well known street performer. We were just chilling on the steps for a bit. I had noticed him leaning against that lamp post when we first arrived. All of sudden, he starts dribbling the ball with his feet. Then he climbs the posts and continues his act up top. That's when I snapped a few shots I got this one. I purposely framed it so you don't see the foreground. Makes it look like he's at the top of city. It's one of my favorites from our trip to Paris.

My Smug Site

What a great series! You really had spectacular light in Paris. My favorite shots are the Louvre (did that couple just happened to be there???) and inside Ste. Chappelle.

@sarasphotos said:
    What a great series! You really had spectacular light in Paris. My favorite shots are the Louvre (did that couple just happened to be there???) and inside Ste. Chappelle.

Thank you. Yes. The couple was there, along with quite a few other couples, having what I assume were engagement photos done. Seems like a popular spot for wedding photogs. Interesting that almost all the gals were wearing red dresses. Seemed to be the trend.

I took shots of the from various vantage points but this was my favorite. It worked out because the photog with this couple was using flash with a modeling light so I was able to capture the couple without a lot of motion blur. If I recall, it was about a 20 sec exposure.

My Smug Site

Wow, great use of the opportunity.

@sarasphotos said:
    Wow, great use of the opportunity.

Thanks. I try to use what I'm offered in the moment. Years ago, when I first started shooting, I'd fight the "human elements" in my composition. I saw people as a distraction. I learned that its often futile to try to capture places without people. This became especially so when I started to travel more. I actually love incorporating people into my shots now. Even landscapes. You can use them to add scale or a way for the viewer to connect with the scene. Especially when luck is on your side like with the Louvre photo.

My Smug Site
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Great series... a lot of nice street stuff

Rags