Options

Niagara Falls in the Winter

legionxstudioslegionxstudios Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

A few weeks ago we experience a couple days of -20 to -30 degree Celsius weather, and I took the opportunity to head over to Niagara Falls to take a couple shots of what I knew would be an incredible phenomenon of icy goodness :)

I've been waiting to take some long exposure shots of the falls for a long time, and this became the perfect opportunity to do so! These two shots were taken with the 5D mark III, and the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L, and the Canon 16-35mm f/4 L.

I explored many other frozen waterfalls in Hamilton, St. Catherines an Niagara that same day, which I documented on my blog.

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator

Love that first shot! Also saw your similar post over at POTN yesterday. I "liked" it in both forums.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    legionxstudioslegionxstudios Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

@David_S85 said:
    Love that first shot! Also saw your similar post over at POTN yesterday. I "liked" it in both forums.

Thank you David, I appreciate it! And small world; to see each other on multiple forums! haha :)

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

First one is gorgeous!!

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Well....falls are not the subject at all here.....it might be best to try and isolate one thing.....first one has some lights too close to edge....one light in bottom....partial falls....some vertical poles and stuff.......bit too many things going on and bit busy. JMO.

• Options
    antongorlinantongorlin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I like the first one, it looks very unusual to me
  • Options
    TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Nice shots !