Another first for Nikon?

puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited February 3, 2018

Or maybe Mr. "Shutter" (likely not his real name) needs to read the manual and adjust his diopter that is included next to the finder.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2018

@David_S85 said:

read the manual and adjust his diopter that is included next to the finder.

Well, that'd certainly help if he's doing a spot of macro shooting ... but maybe Nikon forgot to put said feature on this particular model, because marketing wanted their first left handed dslr to be shipped asap?

pp

btw, these static posters are part of a TV campaign too ... lots of good tips ...

here's one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM706ayYF0Q

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited February 6, 2018

I am surprised Nikon wanted to run such a high brow campaign...........

And yes, the left handed body is quite intriguing as well - I had never seen one up until now.

It is nice that Nikon wants to address that 5->20% of humans who are not right handed, finally, after what, 80-90 years of right handed DSLRs?

Not sure if I was a press photographer that I might feel a bit slighted by the campaign though.....

Is this a unique British sense of irony???

I feel l should state that this is a more sarcastic post ( a little maybe ) than I usually post here on dgrin.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Is it April the first yet?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2018

@David_S85 said:
    Is it April the first yet?

Probably - in an 'alternate' universe somewhere ... eg the SSavers focus group - who'll likely say it was all intended, working on the basis of 'any publicity is good publicity'

Personally, I think they messed up and assumed no-one'd notice ... and that the story behind it is that some 'suit' somewhere said ' nice pic, but let's have him facing the traffic when the poster's on the near side of the road, eh? ... and then to graphics dept ... 'Do you think you can do that, lad/ette with your pshop thingy?'

Nowt wrong imo with sarcasm, Jim - one of many tools that can be very effective in dealing with some people / situations ... as with anything, knowing which tool to use, and when ... is the trick.

pp

btw, Others before me ... including a Nikon employee - have noticed this and made comments elsewhere in social media - but I wasn't aware of any of these until after I started this thread.