Options

Buoys Will Be Buoys

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited February 15, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

One of a million interesting sights near Bar Harbor, Maine.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator

Hey Tom,
    I would have waited for some seagulls to show up--that way you could have buoys and gulls.
    Cool shot. Hope you're doing well.

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Ha! Great title Tom... and kudos to Richard... :D:D

Rags
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Great title and really fun capture, Tom. This is just the sort of subject that always appeals to me, too.

• Options
    edited February 15, 2018

@Richard said:
    Hey Tom,
    I would have waited for some seagulls to show up--that way you could have buoys and gulls.
    Cool shot. Hope you're doing well.

Hell of an idea, Richard. It's a good reason to go back. I bet I spent a good hour rummaging through this place....it was fascinating. I'm well, thank you. I hope you are also doing well.

Stay safe.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@torags said:
    Ha! Great title Tom... and kudos to Richard... :D:D

Thanks, Rags. You've got to get up early to get a jump on Richard. I think it must be the wine over there.

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator

@black mamba said:
    I think it must be the wine over there.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:
    Great title and really fun capture, Tom. This is just the sort of subject that always appeals to me, too.

I'm always delighted to hear from you, Sara. Darlene says I must be operating under some sort of a curse. I can't pass a scene like this without sticking my head in the door.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited February 16, 2018

Agreed. Bar Harbor, and that entire coastal area for hundreds of miles has more buoy displays than houses around here displaying excess holiday LED lighting outside their houses in the winter. I prefer the buoys more.

Perhaps a Gulls will be Gulls thread next?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Nice colorful shot Tom. Lots of other potential shots I’m sure!

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Super find and fun shot Tom!! Love the cheeky title too!~

• Options

@David_S85 said:
    Agreed. Bar Harbor, and that entire coastal area for hundreds of miles has more buoy displays than houses around here displaying excess holiday LED lighting outside their houses in the winter. I prefer the buoys more.

Perhaps a Gulls will be Gulls thread next?

Hi, David. Thanks for the visit. You're right about all the buoys in that region. I commented to my wife that I never realized that they had ever made that many of the things.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2018

@Juano said:
    Nice colorful shot Tom. Lots of other potential shots I’m sure!

Thanks, Cristóbal. You're so right about there being other potential shots. They were everywhere I looked. Believe me, I filled my quota.

I've really been enjoying your abstract work. I've been working on a big batch of abstract rust shots that I'll unleash soon.

See you.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Super find and fun shot Tom!! Love the cheeky title too!~

Hey, buddy. You and some of the rest of our bunch could have an absolute ball stomping around that Maine coastal area. I had arranged for a local lobster boat to take Darlene and I out on a run from Bar Harbor to some of his traps. Sadly, I can't find the SD card I used on that trip. Really bums me out as it was an experience of a lifetime.

Take care, my friend.