Options

Did I do this right?

PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
edited December 5, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hello!

If I could get a couple people to check the functionality of this it would be great! I loaded a complete wedding to this page:

http://www.perfect-pix.biz/Weddings/wedding2.htm

It is the "Charity and Tim" button, if someone could please make sure I linked to the gallery properly and that the prices I set show up instead of the SmugMug prices that would be FANTASTIC!

When I try to add an image to the cart, it gives me .25 for 4x6 etc, I just want to make sure the customer does not see that rate! Hard to make money like that!

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Mike LaPorte
Perfect Pix

Comments

• Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    I see the rate of $0.25 for the 4x6ne_nau.gif
    Somewhere around here there is a thread about setting the pricing.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    Uh OH!

I thought I set the pricing.... I did for another gallery for sure, do I have to do that for EVERY gallery?

Okay try it now.... I found a quick way to set pricing from my other gallery.
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    If you don't want to have to do it for every gallery, when you go to the pricing, set your prices in the portfolio price list
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    Hopefully one of the pros will get in here and help you out.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    I just did John hehehehe
    Anyways, I also thought I might as well add that you might want to make the gallery private (in the customize gallery page) because you never know how concerned about privacy some people are (I know people who would freak over having their pictures available for all to see).

Oh, and the pricing does work in that football gallery...you're cheap though...well I don't know your market, but I think in any market $1.99 is way cheap for a 4x6...but then I haven't been in the photography business for 15 years so what do I know.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    Poseidon wrote:
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Mark, I'll answer more in a bit when I have some more time - but first, you aren't set up to do biz with SmugMug properly with your domain.

See SmugBlogs my blog, and SmugMug help pages. Your site doesn't reach SmugMug becuase your domain host is forwarding not CNAME aliasing.

More to come.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    Looks like the prices are fixed now.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2005
    OK I see you got your custom pro pricing setup properly thumb.gif

if your customers will be directed to your smugmug site from your other site, then you'll be fine (no need to change your domain host stuff).

Looking good thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    Thanks Andy for the compliment! Yes I will be linking to smugmug from my site, I am glad too, because you lost me with that other post! rolleyes1.gif

Marlin and John thanks a bunch for helping!

Oh by the way, I only post the couples that give me the OK on my website. I give the option for a private gallery if they prefer, but so far everyone WANTS to be online!

Oh ya, I am changing my ala carte as we speak, I know I am still to cheap, but I am still growing!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    Poseidon wrote:
    Oh ya, I am changing my ala carte as we speak, I know I am still to cheap, but I am still growing!
    Yeah, I'm a little bit cheaper than the sports guys I know and I'm at (for glossy, lustre I charge accordingly to keep the same profit margin) $4.25 for a 4x6, $6.49 for a 5x7, $11.99 for an 8x10, 17.49 for an 11x14, $39.99 for a 16x20, and $55.99 for a 20x30 (most people are a lot more than me for a 20x30, but since a lot of my customers are also my friends, I don't want to charge $80 for a print).

EDIT: Just saw your new prices....that's more like it thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2005
    Laughing.gif

http://www.perfect-pix.biz/Purchase%20Screen/default.htm

I just changed to basically what you described. I think this is going to work well for me!
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix