Options

Choices

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Comments

• Options
    edited March 8, 2018

Sorry, I meant to post this in street and documentary, but not sure how to delete this and re-post. Anyway, here it is...

Thanks for moving this thread Denise!

• Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

So many choices that the hair went grey and finally fell off - I'd just go from left to right and back and keep my hair :smiley:

Nice pic!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    So many choices that the hair went grey and finally fell off - I'd just go from left to right and back and keep my hair :smiley:

Nice pic!

Good strategy! I'd go for that!

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator

I like the idea of this image, but feel that having the sharp focus on the man’s head and grey hair, with the background out of focus, confuses me as to the shooter’s intent. If it is really about “choices” shouldn’t the “choices” be in focus? Or are the choices out of focus, as that’s what they tend to cause, a loss of focus?

Otherwise I am left wondering what about this head dictates it should be the center of interest to me. Anyone else have similar thoughts.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options

@pathfinder said:
    I like the idea of this image, but feel that having the sharp focus on the man’s head and grey hair, with the background out of focus, confuses me as to the shooter’s intent. If it is really about “choices” shouldn’t the “choices” be in focus? Or are the choices out of focus, as that’s what they tend to cause, a loss of focus?

Otherwise I am left wondering what about this head dictates it should be the center of interest to me. Anyone else have similar thoughts.

Interesting point of view. For me it is about what's going through his mind, although to be honest, I didn't give it much thought at the time.