Angel at 5 o' clock low

GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

So yesterday I went to the airport to snap few Pix of the war-birds before they would take off and go to their next tour stop. next are a few pictures I was able to take from the B-24 ..dreams do come true...1.5 Hour ferry flight to New Braunfels TX. and 3 hours car ride back to Houston :smile: ..enjoy

This was my "Ride", the only Flying Consolidated B-24 Liberator out of more than 19000 that were built during and after WW II

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

That is so cool!
    Do you have any shots of the interior of the B-24?

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:
    That is so cool!
    Do you have any shots of the interior of the B-24?

Ventral turret in retracted position (outside view)

Ventral turret in retracted position (inside view)

Cockpit

Left rear side gunner

Bomber sight collimator

Tail turret

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

As a fan of (especially oldschool and military) aviation, I am slightly jealous of this experience :smiley: What a beauty!

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. I can imagine of how awesome this opportunity was. Totally worth the 3 hours car ride back!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    As a fan of (especially oldschool and military) aviation, I am slightly jealous of this experience :smiley: What a beauty!

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. I can imagine of how awesome this opportunity was. Totally worth the 3 hours car ride back!

It sure was...I would have drove 3Hrs to get there and 3 to get back...LOL

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator

Wonderful images! Gorgeous subject matter!
    Thanks, Gatto, and thanks, The Collings Foundation, for refurbishing and preserving these incredible machines (and others).

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited March 24, 2018

@ziggy53 said:
    Wonderful images! Gorgeous subject matter!
    Thanks, Gatto, and thanks, The Collings Foundation, for refurbishing and preserving these incredible machines (and others).

Thank you Ziggy!
    The Collings Foundation employees and all the volunteers are Wonderful people, and they are the care taker of some of the most Iconic historical treasures.the 3 planes that are touring the nations are based in Florida , but here by my house the keep the TA-4J Skyhawk, F-100F Super Sabre, F-100F Super Sabre, Messerschmitt ME-262 and the UH-1 Huey

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Gatto!!

Thank you Taz