Rooftop Seascape

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins

I feel like I cheated.... went on a guys weekend for some drinking and camaraderie so not much time for shooting. Took this out of the window of the house we all rented while I was embroiled in a card game. 8 minute exposure.

Lee Wiren

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited April 10, 2018

8 minutes? Very interesting if it was complete darkness. Was it?

I feel like I cheated.... went on a guys weekend for some drinking and camaraderie so not much time
    for shooting. Took this out of the window of the house we all rented while I was embroiled
    in a card game. 8 minute exposure.

Cheating at the exposure or cheating in the card game? :D

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

If it wasn't dark, you must have been shooting at f/1000. :)

• WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins

Thanks guys... it wasn't dark... it was around 8:30am and I liked the contrasting sunrise on the houses. I used a 15 stop Lee Filter, a .06 soft grad and a CPL. Took like 8 & 1/2 minutes total. I had a hard time cheating at the card game with my attention divided between the cards and camera, lol. But being in a nice warm house playing cards over breakfast and coffee while I was exposing this image made me feel like a cheating photographer......

Lee Wiren
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very surreal and different idea.....

I would consider cropping off 1.5 inch or so from top....usually centered horizon doesn't work but it appears more appealing to me that way

Cheers Lee!