Packages are delivered to a wrong person (B&H photo:FEDEX)

mina1mina1 Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
edited April 13, 2018 in The Big Picture
I ordered A7R3 and 24-70mm GM lens on Monday to use them on the next Monday, they were supposed to delivered by today. Signature required. But when I checked the shipping status, it says it was delivered and signed for by HILL.
Who's the hell HILL???

I contacted B&H and they said I should wait for five days, then they can help me, so please contact on next Wednesday??

I also contacted Fedex. They opened a investigation case, and if they cannot solve the problem by Friday, they encourage me to contact B&H.

It seems like my package was stolen by someone name Hill.

What should I do? And are there anyone who had the same issue?
When will B&H or Fedex resend my lost items? It was my sister's gift!

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Hi Mina1 and welcome to Dgrin. Sorry it has to be under so stressful circumstances. It does sound like you were a victim of theft. It also sounds like you've done about all you can for the time being. Hopefully B&H will be able to help you when you check in with them on Wednesday, or maybe FedEx will come up with something. If they can't help you might check with your credit card company. Since you never received the goods, they may decide not to charge you, or they may provide insurance against a theft like this. That's assuming you used a credit card of course. If all of that fails, I'd file a claim with your home owner's insurance policy.

It goes without saying that it's always best to make sure either you or a family member are home when expecting a signature-required delivery.

Good luck and please let us know what happens for future reference for all of us.

• mina1mina1 Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    Hi kdog, thanks for your care.

I was at home of course because I knew I would have two packages which was such expensive gears. And since they required my direct signature, I was literally waiting for the packages.

I've contacted Fedex and unfortunately, they could not investigated fully for all most five days. I have been talking to B&H since Wednesday, but every time I talked to B&H, they just asked or emailed me to ask if I gotten the items. There's no progress right now but I hope B&H resend the items or refund my money.

I also talked to my bank and credit card company and yes you're right they said they can help about transaction when I have no refund or the items.

It's so stressful.

> @kdog said:
    > Hi Mina1 and welcome to Dgrin. Sorry it has to be under so stressful circumstances. It does sound like you were a victim of theft. It also sounds like you've done about all you can for the time being. Hopefully B&H will be able to help you when you check in with them on Wednesday, or maybe FedEx will come up with something. If they can't help you might check with your credit card company. Since you never received the goods, they may decide not to charge you, or they may provide insurance against a theft like this. That's assuming you used a credit card of course. If all of that fails, I'd file a claim with your home owner's insurance policy.
    >
    > It goes without saying that it's always best to make sure either you or a family member are home when expecting a signature-required delivery.
    >
    > Good luck and please let us know what happens for future reference for all of us.
  • KellyCKellyC Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins

Any more information yet?

• mina1mina1 Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2018
    I made a police report and send the information to b&h. B&H made a claim to Fedex and said they'll contact me in 5 business days. Today was the fifth day and I heard nothing from B&H until I contacted them. And they just asked me to wait few more days without any clear solutions or plans. Thanks for your care KellyC.

> @KellyC said:
    > Any more information yet?
  • HoratioHoratio Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    I am sorry to hear about your experience with B & H and FedEx. UPS, will never be my shipper again, not even for a box of dirt. It was raining and the UPS driver did not want to get out of her truck. As it happened, from the garage I took a video of the UPS driver throwing my Nikon camera from her truck, to our back gate. This was followed by UPS severely damaging the contents of five packages in a row.

Did you insure the contents? FedEx is usually excellent and I hope that you get this resolved soon. One item to invest in, is the ring.com doorbell. Now I have views of anyone who comes near my gate or back door. And I have the option of recording it. Hopefully, you will have this matter resolved to your satisfaction, very soon.
  • chinnachinna Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    > @mina1 said:
    > I made a police report and send the information to b&h. B&H made a claim to Fedex and said they'll contact me in 5 business days. Today was the fifth day and I heard nothing from B&H until I contacted them. And they just asked me to wait few more days without any clear solutions or plans. Thanks for your care KellyC.
    >
    > > @KellyC said:
    > > Any more information yet?
    >

Hi is their any update after from them what happened can you share the info.

thank you