Phanfare My Family Backup

Justin01Justin01 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
I used Phanfare as my backup for all my family pictures going back to when my first one was born 12 years ago. I have many emails from Phanfare Ceo over the years but went to recover my backup and learned a few months ago Phanfare site is gone and you had to work with SmugMug to migrate your photos. I never read or saw an email from smugMug that I had todo this or would know to since I was a phanfare customer, one of the original phanfare customers. PLEASE contact me on recovering my family pictures?

Comments

• Justin01Justin01 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I signed up for phanfare knowing if I ever left them I would get a CD/DVD copy of all my pictures. I never thought if Phanfare got sold I wouldn’t get a copy of my pictures back!! Please help
  • evansmugevansmug Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 35 SmugMug Employee

Hi Justin,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm truly sorry to hear about your situation. We did work with Phanfare this previous summer when they announced they were closing. Phanfare provided an option for consenting customers to automatically transition photos over to SmugMug. They sent a number of emails about this throughout April/May to their customer base (these emails were not sent from SmugMug). Unfortunately, that integration ended on 5/31/17. At this point, all I can recommend is that you reach out to Carbonite (who owned Phanfare while it was still active) and see if they have any recovery options (as SmugMug never actually stored any Phanfare content). You can try the support alias they had set up at phanfaresupport@carbonite.com, or, their general support here https://support.carbonite.com/contact-us.

All the best,
    Evan

SmugMug Product Manager
    evandeffley.smugmug.com