Options

Ipanema beach

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

This was an experiment, it is a panorama stitch of three shots, the first one shot vertically down, the second at 45 degrees and the third at 90 degrees. Lightroom refused to stitch them together but photoshop had no issues. I couldn't figure out why.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator

Interesting. What did PS do with the 45 degree frame? Did it rotate it? Ignore it? I'm still on CS5, which lets you see the masks it uses to merge panos, but I don't know how it works in the current version.

• Options
    edited April 21, 2018

@Richard said:
    Interesting. What did PS do with the 45 degree frame? Did it rotate it? Ignore it? I'm still on CS5, which lets you see the masks it uses to merge panos, but I don't know how it works in the current version.

I think it used it, although it's hard to say, the wave pattern is from the second pic. Here are the three originals. I still don't understand why LR couldn't stitch them...

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited April 22, 2018

I completely misunderstood your first post, though now I get it. But I still don't understand why LR couldn't do the merge, which seems straightforward. I just did a five frame vertical panorama of a tree changing the angle much like you did and LR didn't complain. Dunno.
    Edit: Out of curiosity, I tried to combine the jpgs you posted above and LR 6.14 had no problem doing the merge, though the horizon looked wonky.

• Options

@Richard said:
    I completely misunderstood your first post, though now I get it. But I still don't understand why LR couldn't do the merge, which seems straightforward. I just did a five frame vertical panorama of a tree changing the angle much like you did and LR didn't complain. Dunno.
    Edit: Out of curiosity, I tried to combine the jpgs you posted above and LR 6.14 had no problem doing the merge, though the horizon looked wonky.

Well that's interesting, I am using LR CC Classic. I tried multiple times. Thanks for the comments.