I want to live here

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited May 1, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

This stunning property is located near Banner Elk, N.C. The land in the immediate foreground would be the home site. Unfortunately, this particular site is part of a much larger 247 acre property that the owner doesn't want to bust up into smaller tracts. I've made a number of offers to him but he won't budge. So, I'm currently working at getting a couple of good friends to go in with me to buy the whole property....all 247 acres. If successful, we'll each take a piece for our use and develop the rest. I've done such development work all my life, as has one of the other guys, so it's a project we could really have some fun with.

The mountain at the top, far right, is North Carolina's number one tourist attraction.....Grandfather Mountain.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Beautiful, good luck!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Beautiful, good luck!

Thanks, my friend.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Best of luck Tom...

Acquisition would be your last Howrah...

Expect a fight from the locals... don't ask me how I know... :D

Rags

@torags said:
    Best of luck Tom...

Acquisition would be your last Howrah...

Expect a fight from the locals... don't ask me how I know... :D

Thanks, Rags. I've played this game, on even larger scales, a number of times before. I could paint some sobering pictures of the obstacles I've seen arise in endeavors of this nature and scope. Opposition by locals can be fierce. I learned that in a most emphatic fashion when my group developed the Summer Beach Resort on Amelia Island, Florida. We took a mile and a half of pristine ocean-front property and created a magnificent beach club / golf course community. The place now touts a Ritz-Carlton hotel and is the site of the world renown Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance automotive extravaganza. In spite of all the grandeur we installed there, some locals still resent what happened.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

You shout try CA Tom! That's the place to be! It was green like that a week ago. No more rain so not green no more! Yeah, green is good!! Lovely captures!

@Stumblebum said:
    You shout try CA Tom! That's the place to be! It was green like that a week ago. No more rain so not green no more! Yeah, green is good!! Lovely captures!

Hey, buddy. I've got a better idea. Why don't you pack it up and slide over to God's country. One of my nieces lives in Santa Monica. I dread going to visit her....scared that I'll get caught in that LA basin quagmire and not be able to escape.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

Looks amazing. Sounds exciting!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited May 3, 2018

@ziggy53 said:
    Looks amazing. Sounds exciting!

Hi, Ziggy. Thanks for the visit. Folks that have been on the forum a while know my infatuation with the Southern Appalachians. It's far from a done deal and nothing of this scope and nature is ever a walk in the park. But it's not my first rodeo and I hope it all comes together.

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Sounds like quite a project you have going there, Tom. I wish you luck with it!

edited May 4, 2018

@moose135 said:
    Sounds like quite a project you have going there, Tom. I wish you luck with it!

Thanks, John. Luck is always welcome in this sort of stuff. I'm aware that there could be environmental issues with the land. There is at least one old barn on the property and often gas, oil, and other contaminants that weren't properly dealt with can become deal breakers. We'll see how it all plays out. Might go nowhere.