JK Bridge, Brasilia

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

The Juscelino Kubitschek bridge is one of the iconic views in Brasilia.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

That's an interesting looking bridge!
    I like all of the photos - the third one really stands out, I think because it has a sense of movement to it.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Excellent shots! I prefer the first for its simplicity and emphasis on the arches of the bridge.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks Denise and David. It is a beautiful bridge, my next project is to capture it with a rising full moon...

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice Cristobal. The darks are too dark though.....blue hour would have been sweet....

Thanks Taz.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2018

Beautiful bridge and fine shots. Just to show that tastes vary, I prefer the first two, and particularly the second I think. The darks aren't too dark in the first one and in the second I don't see it as a big concern. Losing detail doesn't matter unless the lost detail matters to the image, and here I don't think it does. The absence of detail in the dark sky might call for a somewhat tighter crop in the second one. A matter of taste. Nice work. A moon would be a good addition.

edited April 26, 2018

@Cornflake said:
    Beautiful bridge and fine shots. Just to show that tastes vary, I prefer the first two, and particularly the second I think. The darks aren't too dark in the first one and in the second I don't see it as a big concern. Losing detail doesn't matter unless the lost detail matters to the image, and here I don't think it does. The absence of detail in the dark sky might call for a somewhat tighter crop in the second one. A matter of taste. Nice work. A moon would be a good addition.

Thanks for the thoughtful comments, I will try a different crop in the second shot, as you suggest.

A moon shot will be coming soon hopefully!

• hosebaghosebag Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Stonehenge
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

The foreground makes no 2 my choice, Crist6bal

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks Will, my intent was to bring something in the foreground to provide context. In the end I favor the last one... I like the stillness of the water and the star lights.