Chamonix & Amsterdam

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited May 7, 2018 in Journeys

Went to Chamonix for the first time a few weeks back and loved every minute of it. It was the first time in a while my heart rate got truly elevated for snowboarding on lift-accessed terrain. Steep & challenging sums it up. Chamonix is a lovely town with easy access to a multitude of terrain some of which is easy and some of which will get you killed if you are not careful. I actually took less photos than normal as we skiied our brains out all week.

The view from our Airbnb was pretty ok. [Fuji X-T1]

Exploring around Chamonix offered some fun views. [iPhone X]

Classic view. [Fuji X100T]

Made friends with the bartender over our shared passion for Fuji cameras. My wife called it "the international language of expensive cameras" that got us a couple of free rounds. So bummed he wasn't in focus since I was still getting used to the X100T.

Relaxing at the Aiguille du Midi station. [X100T]

Typical scene in Chamonix. [X100T]

Insane views from the Aiguille du Midi station. [X-T1]

Rugged doesn't begin to describe the alps. [X-T1]

Then it was off to Amsterdam to relax for a few days before heading home.

Locals. [X100T]

Another local. [X100T]

I never tire of the view from our favorite pub. [X100T]

Goodbye for now Amsterdam. My company's newest bird which I hope to be at the controls of down the road. [X100T]

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Nick,
    I am a sucker for BW, so the rugged Alps and BW Amsterdam shots are my favorites. Spectacular in the detail.

However, the night shot of the bridge in Amsterdam (from your favorite pub) is wonderful, especially with the streak of red from a passing boat.

Kudos for a great series.

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Will love to see all the beautiful colors! really nice series. I liked the BW of Aiguille du Midi station most due to sense of scale in it.

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins

@Cavalier said:
    Nick,
    I am a sucker for BW, so the rugged Alps and BW Amsterdam shots are my favorites. Spectacular in the detail.

However, the night shot of the bridge in Amsterdam (from your favorite pub) is wonderful, especially with the streak of red from a passing boat.

Kudos for a great series.

Thanks Jo! Yeah I love that spot in Amsterdam, the squiggly lines on the water were pretty cool too from the other lights.

• bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins

@Awais Yaqub said:
    Will love to see all the beautiful colors! really nice series. I liked the BW of Aiguille du Midi station most due to sense of scale in it.

Thanks for looking Awais!