Options

Street art

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator
edited May 21, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

About 10 years ago, many cities around the world (including Madrid) featured colorful cow sculptures on the streets. Currently Madrid has a Spanish variant on display. Las Meninas is Spanish for ladies in waiting, a term that dates from the old royal court. It is also the title and subject of Velázquez's best-known painting, which hangs here in the Prado museum. There are now around 80 meninas scattered around the center of town. Here are a few:

Fun stuff. If you like this sort of thing, there are more in my New Pics gallery.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator

I have to admit I like these better than the cows!

I really like 1 and 4, although 1 is my absolute favorite. She looks to be in charge!

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,791 moderator
    edited May 21, 2018

Richard, you have piqued my curiosity! I encourage everyone to explore the other images in the gallery behind Richard's link. Lots of other interpretations there!

Like:

"Darth Menina"

It is probably prudent to add that if you want to see these artistic collaborations in person, well you had better get going! They are only installed until July (2018). "

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options

Thanks Ziggy and Denise. I haven't seen them all yet, but I hope to catch more of them soon. They're quite creative and it's fun to watch people react to them.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very cool set Richard!

• Options

Thanks, Taz.