Terra Ronca caverns, Brazil

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

The Terra Ronca State Park hosts a vast number of caverns, only five of them are open for visitors. We visited the Angelica and Sao Bernardo caverns, the last one implied waist deep water "hiking" carrying our equipment overhead. Awesome trip.

Comments

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Wow! Great captures of an amazing place. Thanks for sharing!

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Awesome photos of what must be an amazing place to explore.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Wow. Awesome shots. It's a little hard to get a sense of scale--how tall are these caves?

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Amazing shots! The second photo really pulls me in, I like it!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2018

Thank you all.

Richard, the two caverns were different, the largest cave was (3) it is difficult to say how high the ceiling was, but I would guess at least 40 meters, several stories high in any case. The celing in (1) was around 10 m high, whereas in (2) and (6) only a few meters.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Excellent shots, Cristobal. Exposures are really good given the extremely wide dynamic range you had to cope with.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

That's some impressive work, Cristóbal. God help you if some of those stalactites decide to cut loose on you.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@kdog said:
    Excellent shots, Cristobal. Exposures are really good given the extremely wide dynamic range you had to cope with.

Thanks!!

@black mamba said:
    That's some impressive work, Cristóbal. God help you if some of those stalactites decide to cut loose on you.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Yeah, I guess that my cheap hardware store helmet I was wearing wouldn't do much, but neither would any other kind of helmet for that matter... Very impressive place and great experience.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Beautiful shots. They make me want to visit. It looks like it was challenging to photograph but you rose to the challenge.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Good stuff Cristobal!

@Cornflake said:
    Beautiful shots. They make me want to visit. It looks like it was challenging to photograph but you rose to the challenge.

Thanks Cornflake, this was a trip specifically for photography, there were different type of fixed lights, flashes in the background etc. I am really grateful that post processing is so good nowadays and allows to correct for all sorts of things. In any case, without the special lighting it would have been impossible to take interesting shots of an amazing place.

@Stumblebum said:
    Good stuff Cristobal!

Thanks Taz!