Calle Aldama

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2018

I like it , but i find the red wall on the right distracting with the over-saturation of the color, I still like it

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Hah! I like it too, but I love the red leading to red at distance.....
    My issue is with the thin pink slice sneaking into the frame on left....lot more distracting....I would crop to the right of the person in bottom left pavement.
    Cheers!

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Nice shot, but I agree with Gatto that the red is a bit over the top. Where was this?

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I love how you seek out colorful images....of course you tend to shoot in an environment rich in such scenes. I don't know how much you may have boosted the color in this shot but I like the final result. I do think the suggestion by Taz for a slight cropping has merit.

Take care.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2018

All right, I cropped the pink on the left: it was distracting.
    The reds were tweaked a very little to attract the eye and it worked as intended. This is a common red in the Bajío and is very saturated with no help from software; it's what I love about Méjico.

This is in San Miguel Allende, Guanajuato, Richard, right in Cristero Rebellion country.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I love San Miguel, I still think that the vibrance is too high on this shot. Nice shot and place though.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Love the shot, re-cropped or not. I don't mean to pile on with the others, but do also agree that the reds and other colors are too saturated and look unreal. Hey, we have seen that cathedral before, haven't we?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

And now, for those who don't like color

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Ha! I actually like it a lot! Nice.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Yup. :)

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Both are great, but convey different feelings. I prefer the cheerfulness of the color version.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

The black and white version is very good. Red is an eye magnet. I can hardly see anything else in the color version.

@Cornflake said:> The black and white version is very good. Red is an eye magnet. I can hardly see anything else in the color version.

As I said earlier, I included the red to bring the eye into the foto and it worked as intended.