Options

Caption underneath image in lightbox

mwillsonmwillson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hey guys, have scoured these forums and the web for some css code or similar to make Image 1 look like Image 2. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee

Hi and welcome to Dgrin! Image1 looks like it was taken logged in, and Image2 logged out. You can disable the sharing, download buttons, and camera info, all in gallery settings, and you can set the width of the photo info to Image width by going to any gallery and clicking customize > content and design > wrench on the lightbox content. Set Toolbar to Image width there. You could remove the sizes icon with some CSS, but that is not really recommended. Is there a particular reason you'd like that? Also post a link to your site and/or specific gallery in which you are trying to make these changes.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mwillsonmwillson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Hi Ana, thanks for the reply. Image two was just a mock-up as to how I want the lightbox preview to look when logged out. Here is the test gallery:

michaelwillson.smugmug.com/Dgrintest/

I want the caption to be easily read and fully displayed underneath the photograph. I find the default overlay on the photo messy and it detracts from the photo itself. It is also inconsistent in the way it slides up then down and on mobile it sometimes doesn't display at all. I'd also like some space around the image to make it look cleaner.

Many Thanks!