Alone

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.comLong IslandPosts: 890Registered Users Major grins

Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach - Vik, Iceland

I sat on this photo for a long time not thinking it was that great. I kinda like it now. Thoughts?

David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,310Registered Users Major grins

I like it very much. It captures a mood.

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,395Administrators moderator

Very nice.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,464Registered Users Major grins

Awesome!

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,167Super Moderators moderator

I like this a lot. One word that (I think) can be used to describe it is moody.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,196Administrators moderator

Hey, this is a really great (moody) shot. It perfectly conveys that feeling of aloneness. That it appears so desaturated is even better.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • SilSil ItalyPosts: 39Registered Users Big grins

beautiful and embellished by the human figure

• ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Posts: 20,610Super Moderators moderator

I very much like your framing in this image, allowing the subject to appear to walk "out" of the frame instead of the usual tendency to frame the subject walking "into" the frame. This framing heightens our sense of loneliness and uncertainty.
    Love the way the mist and fog on the right side of the scene helps to partially obscure the distant background, increasing the sense of isolation. The larger boulders in the foreground lends to the sense of adversity and challenge.

Nicely seen and well captured!

Print this one huge because that allows different vantages for the viewer/observer, depending upon the viewer's location relative to the print. (Computer screen viewing does not do this image justice.)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 890Registered Users Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Hey, this is a really great (moody) shot. It perfectly conveys that feeling of aloneness. That it appears so desaturated is even better.

Thank you! It's actually not desaturated. Iceland's black sand beaches are nature's black and white photos.

My Website
  • CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 1,920Registered Users Major grins

Excellent! I love the fact that it not desaturated - how fun is Iceland for photographers?

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 890Registered Users Major grins

@Cavalier said:
    Excellent! I love the fact that it not desaturated - how fun is Iceland for photographers?

its a photographer's playground

My Website