Options

Cactus

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

One of the last cactus flowers of this season.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

So so beautiful.....Oh if there was a way to suppress or make the distracting busy bg disappear....maybe just go super dark....probably lot of work....I don't know how to do it.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2018

Incredible geometry! Very nice.

• Options

Taz, Cristobal, thanks! Taz, I hear you. I processed this one five times. Almost all my attention was on the background. In one version I suppressed all details.

The result didn't look believable to me. I settled on reducing most of the detail so that the background was barely there. Obviously, it's debatable.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Very nice, Don. I prefer the " doctored " version even though it lost a little sharpness in the process.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks. The second one (which was chronologically first) is less sharp because I wasn't as careful with my selections. I thought it would be simple to select the flower in this one. It wasn't. On the fifth try I got pretty good at it. :)

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Love the second one! First one too....
    Cheers!~

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I favor the dark background too. Nice work.

• Options

Maybe I made the wrong call on what to do with the background. Thanks for the input.

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2018

Beautiful! I like the original. The second one seems to have lost detail in some of the petals but maybe it's just that my eyes can't adjust fast enough from the soft background to the flower. Maybe just a bit of blur given to the bg in the first but as is I like it. It also gives it a floating feel to the bloom.

• Options

Thanks, AnnaMaria.