Options

robots.txt

RobintaRobinta Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins

Hi all.

I've had my site for about 20 months now and slowly trying to build my online presence up.

I tend to update my portfolio once or twice a month and have a monthly blog too. When I release anything new I always get an upturn in traffic above the average, usually anything from 100-1000% of my usual hits for a few days.

I noticed last month that nothing really happened with my last posting and this month the same has happened (or not happened) again.

Now, perhaps my work isn`t worth viewing to most people - fair enough, but i've looked for potential problems as I have moved a few things around on the site recently.

I'm far from a web builder expert and don`t know any coding, so I tried a few online hints and tips.

Last night I downloaded and ran a program which didn't seem to find any real issues, other than _robots.txt _ being Disallowed across the entire site.

I've tried to read up on this and seen contradictory comments stating that this would stop search engines finding my content (and therefore seeming to show I do have a visibiliity problem) to others stating that this in itself wouldnt cause any issues with Google for example as it is just a protocol.

I do have Site Visibility turned on in the site settings generically and only have one Private folder shown only to myself.

Any clues folks - my website is at www.robintaylorphotography.uk

Thanks

Robin

Tagged:

Comments