Rust Classics

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I'm putting the finishing touches on a whole new series of rust shots. Before I post them, though, take a last look at some prior efforts.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited July 1, 2018

Awesome work, Tom. I had forgotten how interesting these could be. Thanks for the reminder :+1:

Looking forward to seeing the new crop.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Hi Tom,

Great work! number 2 is my favorite. Looking forward to your next shots!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Thanks for the re-run Tom! Remember them well and enjoying them again immensely!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Very cool shots! I prefer #'s 1 & 2, but all are very creative and captivating.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Awesome work, Tom. I had forgotten how interesting these could be. Thanks for the reminder :+1:

Looking forward to seeing the new crop.

I sure appreciate the kind words, Richard. I, myself, am constantly amazed at how these explorations into the secrets of rust turn out. There's some pretty dramatic stuff coming.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited July 2, 2018

@Juano said:
    Hi Tom,

Great work! number 2 is my favorite. Looking forward to your next shots!

Hey Cristóbal,

Number 2 is probably my personal favorite rust shot ever....close call though. The outcome of that shot is particularly amazing to me because the subject of the shot was a rusted old truck with almost zero color present.....all you could see was rust. With some unmerciful flogging of the sliders, look what you end up with.

Tom

@Stumblebum said:
    Thanks for the re-run Tom! Remember them well and enjoying them again immensely!

Many thanks, Taz. I think you'll find some of the latest work really interesting.

Tom

@JonaBeth Russell said:
    Very cool shots! I prefer #'s 1 & 2, but all are very creative and captivating.

Thanks, JonaBeth, for the visit and support. It means a lot to me.

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very cool, Tom! Every time I see you post one of these threads, I think to myself that I need to play some more with some rust shots.

@moose135 said:
    Very cool, Tom! Every time I see you post one of these threads, I think to myself that I need to play some more with some rust shots.

Hey, John,

I wish you would dabble with this rust stuff. I'd really like to see more folks explore this avenue of expression. It's my personal interpretation that, in this world of photography and its myriad of guidelines, shooting rust allows for creative juices to run rampart without constraints. It's just plain fun.

See you, buddy,

Tom