Lightbox - Larger then Fill size not positioned correctly for portrait? photos.

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
edited July 4, 2018 in Bug Reporting

Any size photo in lightbox larger then fill size is not loading with the top of photo at top. You can not scroll to see whole photo.
Might only be happening with portrait photos.

Example: top of photo is above window with scroll bar at top. So no scrolling up any further. Bottom of photo also hidden some
https://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2018-Birding/Birding-2018-May/2018-05-05-Riverwoods-Trail/i-r6X8KFJ/X3

Firefox 61.0 Win7

I reported this some time ago but nothing was done about it that I can remember.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

I'm seeing the same behavior on my site. Landscape-oriented photos are fine, portrait-oriented photos are not.

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
  • sdbsdb Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins

Hi Allen, I tried on win 7 with FF and IE and have the same behavior as Mike.
    Scroll bar always present and I can always get to the top of the photo. Maybe you have some browser settings that causes the issue?

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Also not seeing this. Might there be some customization that is causing conflict on your sites?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

This will most get fixed as we replace the old Lightbox with a newer version that will allow us to innovate better in the future (and fix some issues where Slideshow and Carousel can't open a photo into the LB). You'll see the new LB first in the Organizer in the next few weeks and we're working on wiring it up to the "Darkroom" so you can test / fix / update your CSS customizations before we roll it out into your galleries.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2018

Removed all non-Smug CSS and didn't affect this. Happens in Firefox, IE and Chrome.

Found rule in this Smug file
    core-ec193805234481d869735bc2ae131dfd.css 3936 rules

Is the only file containing rule affecting this.
    Looks like the bottom:0; Removing/disabling with x fixes it.

.sm-lightbox .sm-lightbox-image,
    .sm-lightbox .sm-lightbox-image-icon {
     background-repeat:no-repeat;
     bottom:0;   <<<<<<<<<
     left:0;
     margin:auto;
     right:0;
     top:0
    }

---- but only in this part of split CSS from above ----

.sm-lightbox .sm-lightbox-image {
     background-repeat:no-repeat;
    xbottom:0;   <<<<<<<<<
     left:0;
     margin:auto;
     right:0;
     top:0
    }

EDIT: Added this rule to "all galleries" CSS and looks like fixes it so far.
    .sm-lightbox .sm-lightbox-image {bottom:auto}

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited July 5, 2018

@leftquark said:
    This will most get fixed as we replace the old Lightbox with a newer version that will allow us to innovate better in the future (and fix some issues where Slideshow and Carousel can't open a photo into the LB). You'll see the new LB first in the Organizer in the next few weeks and we're working on wiring it up to the "Darkroom" so you can test / fix / update your CSS customizations before we roll it out into your galleries.

Darkroom, eh? I tried the link, and nothing happens in Chrome. Should I see something there?

My Smugmug

@David_S85 said:
    Darkroom, eh? I tried the link, and nothing happens in Chrome. Should I see something there?

You have to be logged into your account to see it. I've tried it using several accounts in Chrome and they all work once I'm logged in.

It's a place where we verrrrrry occasionally put new stuff to brood and for you to try out. Before we launched New SmugMug a number of years ago, we let y'all have a sneak peak at the new design for gallery styles in there. Currently we've got a little "game" in which we ask y'all to help us improve the image quality of images on SmugMug by telling us which of 2 photos looks better.

And it'll be where we'll let you all try out the new lightbox before we push it live. It gives us a chance to find some bugs, but also for you to get any custom CSS ready so that when the new lightbox does launch, you can have your customizations working from day 1.

dGrin Afficionado
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@leftquark said:

@David_S85 said:

You have to be logged into your account to see it. I've tried it using several accounts in Chrome and they all work once I'm logged in.

It's a place where we verrrrrry occasionally put new stuff to brood and for you to try out. Before we launched New SmugMug a number of years ago, we let y'all have a sneak peak at the new design for gallery styles in there. Currently we've got a little "game" in which we ask y'all to help us improve the image quality of images on SmugMug by telling us which of 2 photos looks better.

And it'll be where we'll let you all try out the new lightbox before we push it live. It gives us a chance to find some bugs, but also for you to get any custom CSS ready so that when the new lightbox does launch, you can have your customizations working from day 1.

I'm not seeing it either; Chrome and FF, Win7.

What do you see?

This is what I see, logged in as my Power account....

dGrin Afficionado
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@leftquark said:

@David_S85 said:

I can see the initial page with descriptions but when I click the OPEN button it opens a new tab to a plain black screen, no images. I've tried in both Chrome and Edge.

Ahh, we got the info we needed from the Photo Quality test, so we'll probably remove that before the LB stuff goes in.

dGrin Afficionado

What Denise said, also the same. Blank page after I hit OPEN. I had my SM on and logged in.

My Smugmug
  • rjwilnerrjwilner Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins

There was mention of a 'new Lightbox' several messages up. If I understand correctly, at the time it was mentioned, I believe it was live only in the Organizer.

I'm wondering if that is available on our live sites at this point.(?) And if so, is there anything we need to do to have the changes picked up on our individual site(s)?

Thanks!

• ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins

@rjwilner said:
    There was mention of a 'new Lightbox' several messages up. If I understand correctly, at the time it was mentioned, I believe it was live only in the Organizer.

I'm wondering if that is available on our live sites at this point.(?) And if so, is there anything we need to do to have the changes picked up on our individual site(s)?

Thanks!

It's not live yet for the public facing lightbox on our sites, only in the organizer. I guess they're still testing and tweaking it before will announce on here when its going live. Aaron also mentioned that for those of us using CSS tweaks in our lightbox, we will be able to test any customizations and make adjustments if necessary on the new lightbox in a closed environment before anything goes live. Other than that, nothing to do but wait :)