Grand Canyon help

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins

Hello everyone,

I recently took up landscape photography as a hobby. I have a work trip to Arizona in July so would like to head over to the Grand Canyoe while there for a quick 2 day trip and bring my camera gear. I would love to shoot some high res shots and need some help. I have read a lot online but figured people in the know here could certainly help.

Anyway, here is the plan. Arrive at the Grand Canyon around 11am or so on one day and be there through about 5pm the next day. Can you recommend places I should go to shoot from? I would like to shoot the sunset the first day and the sunrise the next day plus landscapes in general. Since I have never been I am a little lost. Can you suggest specific places to go based on where the sun will be etc (East rim, south rim etc)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins

If you are getting there around 11am you have plenty of time to jump on the buses and check out the view points. Most of the viewpoints lend themselves to either sunset or sunrise. Enjoy!

"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Be sure to hit up the lookout on the East side. You'll have s gorgeous view of the mighty Colorado River from there. Conversely, from the water, that lookout is the ONLY place you can see the rim of the canyon.

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins

Do you plan to walk down at all?

• shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 674 Major grins

@mrfizzed said:
    Hello everyone,

I recently took up landscape photography as a hobby. I have a work trip to Arizona in July so would like to head over to the Grand Canyoe while there for a quick 2 day trip and bring my camera gear. I would love to shoot some high res shots and need some help. I have read a lot online but figured people in the know here could certainly help.

Anyway, here is the plan. Arrive at the Grand Canyon around 11am or so on one day and be there through about 5pm the next day. Can you recommend places I should go to shoot from? I would like to shoot the sunset the first day and the sunrise the next day plus landscapes in general. Since I have never been I am a little lost. Can you suggest specific places to go based on where the sun will be etc (East rim, south rim etc)

Thanks in advance.

Now that @joshhuntnm has bumped this thread from 2 yrs ago. How did you do with you visit to the Grand Canyon. Did you post images?
    Would love to see your results.