Dear Lord

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

or, Who sees What? Taken at Festival d’Art de Rue 2018, Sion, Switzerland (Hope this one qualifies better as Street).

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Ha! Good capture...

Rags
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good picture! I might try a square crop (again...) eliminating the right hand column, I like it as is, but worth a try.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@torags said:
    Ha! Good capture...

Glad you like it - the whole show actually was quite funny, but this was not one of the funny scenes :-)

@Juano said:
    Good picture! I might try a square crop (again...) eliminating the right hand column, I like it as is, but worth a try.

I'm unsure - for me, it doesn't work. It removes the right hand column but also centers the subject too much for my taste. Unfortunately, the photo I posted is already a crop of the whole scene, and the original frame has lots more disturbances on the left hand side. However, here is the crop:

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

You're right I prefer the original version too.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@Juano said:
    You're right I prefer the original version too.

Still, I agree with you in that the column is maybe too much, or that its structure is a little disturbing. How about a little stronger vignetting at the sides, or does it become to dark?

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

The original is just fine. I don't think the variations add any value.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23 Big grins

Careful with your background clipping . Sometimes one needs to move just a little to try and get your subjects to not get blended in with the background. I also love looking at photos like this , and then think , and imagine ( Yes I was not there , so i dont know what or how quick things happened ) but I wonder how a shot directly in front of them , with you on your knees getting a low angle , and then looking up , You would have to be very cautious about protecting her modesty ( And not been vulgar ) , but would have been a very different and interesting shot .., taking it from A photo of street performers " to letting your viewer ponder and create a story , why is he doing that , why is she doing that , should i look away .. I dunno , what do you think ?