Cape Town , very pretty city

mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 137Registered Users Major grins

Cape Town can be a very strange place , full of beautiful sweeping landscapes , oceams, mountains , and some extreme weather. It has loads of little hidden surprises , and even today m it manages to catch me off gaurd, The weather is mild , wet winters mand very windy summers. Think like 55 Knots for 4 whole days ..

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear

Comments

• mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 137Registered Users Major grins

Cape Town city central

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,272Administrators moderator

Very nice. Back in my windsurfing days, I remember that Cape Town was coveted for it's wind and great beaches.

Post some more! :smile:

S

The Sea Point Promenade , Those waves can get huge.. The kids love playing chicken when those waves smash into the sea wall..

Woodbridge Island , Milnerton , Just behind me is the Milnerton Lighthouse , Table mountain is to the left

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,272Administrators moderator

Beautiful! I haven't been much south of Jo-Burg. Definitely gotta make it down to Cape Town some time.

Windows - Bo Kaap , cape Town City Centre

@kdog said:
    Very nice. Back in my windsurfing days, I remember that Cape Town was coveted for it's wind and great beaches.

Post some more! :smile:

Windsurfers at Eden On Big Bay

Blouberg Beach ( The buildings ) , From Sunset Beach . Cape Town

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,201Registered Users Major grins

Very nice work!

Durbanville hills , Just on the outskirts of Cape Town , Its were the wine farms start. I call this photo my Windows 98 screensaver picture...LOL.. Canola fields in Bloom

Nice photos, Paul!

edited July 27, 2018

I am passionate about Cape Town , It has so many different sides , many moods and all 4 seasons can occur in one day

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,306Registered Users Major grins

Nice set....

For the lone tree....I would try to fill the fg with more of that golden grass.....or crop out that gash.....

@Stumblebum said:
    Nice set....

For the lone tree....I would try to fill the fg with more of that golden grass.....or crop out that gash.....

Many thanks for that advice , I am trying to be polite and not be a picture sharing hog , but just say the world and i will post a few more

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,306Registered Users Major grins

Post more.....please!
    Enjoying your posts tremendously!

Taken a few hours ago . I had a great today

I radomly just flowed down the streets , and embraced what the streets gave me, I landed up helping an old sickly muslim woman , she just wanted someone to aknowlage her , just a bit of humanity , ohh man . It was what i needed , and she was just so needing someone.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,041Administrators moderator

Love that above shot! Might work in B&W also.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

The Ferris Wheel at the Cape Town Waterfront. As with most world wide city land marks , i had to take a unique and never seen before picture of it.

i spotted this kid engrossed on his phone ignoring the world around him . I asked around whose child this was , all the street vendors pointed me to his Dad . I asked if i may take a few photos of his boy , i took his cell numbered promised to send him the photos. Dad asked the kid if he minded me taking a few photos , i think he was expecting me to get the kid to pose. The kid looked up very quickly from his game , and i said , just carry on exactly like that do not worry about me. I asked the dad were i could buy some seeds for the pigeon , I sprinkled it around the base of the kids chair and then.... Chaos , wings , and coooing ... i snapped about 5 shots and then asked the kid ..Hey are you playing angry birds ? Dad looked confused , and the kid grinned and laughed before returning to ignoring the world and the pigeons moved off some place else.

I never take photos of Under 18's unless I have asked permission . I take the parents number and send them the photo.
    I try not to set up a scene like this completely , I like to sometimes add a Catalyst and then see what evolves from the incident..
    I try not to pester or bother people .
    And I know that something as trival as this can make a persons day , both the onlooker and the participants.
    I keep it short , do it once , thank the people involved and move off ...

edited August 9, 2018

downtown Cape Town

@mongoose330 said:

downtown Cape Town

No pic here?

I enjoyed the previous story/photo with the kid at the park. I admire your diligence and ethics.

Lions head