Waiter

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

B&W or color?

Or neither?

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I'll go color. To me, the color version presents more context to the scene. The b/w version is a bit too somber for myself....somewhat void of visual stimulation ( which helps tell the story ). As usual, I like your conversion work.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

I too like the color.. but with an asymmetrical approach by cropping most of the left blackish side

That said it's still a good shot...

Rags
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I also favor the color version, I like the yellow lights and the green bushes. The texture of the bushes is lost in the BW.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Thanks guys. I think I prefer the color as well.

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Thanks guys. I think I prefer the color as well.

For some reason, the color seems to have more richness than the black-and-white, which is rare for a color shot. I see it most in the left/distance part of the picture and the stone walkway... Nice image!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Thanks John. Revisiting this one, I think I might have pushed the blacks a bit too much. Still, I prefer the color version.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2019

:'(