Mala Pier - 2nd visit

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grinsMauiPosts: 672Registered Users Major grins
edited July 31, 2018 in Landscapes

A while back I visited this pier on the west side of the island, photographing it from the air. Most recently, I revisited the site for a little ground work with a new camera.

Shot on a Sony A7R III + G Master 16-35 2.8, handheld just kinda playing around, learning the camera. This thing is a beast, with unreal dynamic range & low light performance. Many more to come soon, but for now, this is what I got.

Enjoy!

Comments

• RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 18,538Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

Lovely scene and perfect exposure. :+1:

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grins MauiPosts: 672Registered Users Major grins

@Richard said:
    Lovely scene and perfect exposure. :+1:

Mahalo Richard! It was fun to test this in the high sun, just to see what the camera could do with harsh light.

• RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 18,538Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

Pretty impressive results, I'd say.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,265Registered Users Major grins

Nice JBR!

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,237Administrators moderator

I concur! Very nice.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 986Registered Users Major grins

Nice color, detail and composition.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grins MauiPosts: 672Registered Users Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Nice JBR!

@kdog said:
    I concur! Very nice.

@roaddog52 said:
    Nice color, detail and composition.

Phil

Thank you all for taking the time to view, and comment. Much appreciated!

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,185Registered Users Major grins

Well done. And if that was shot in harsh light, I'm impressed with the camera.