Tree study

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited August 20, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

This is based on an old shot I like, but that was out of focus and impossible to fix. I decided to create this instead, thoughts?

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Incredible! Kind of work that sells!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks Taz! (Are you buying...? :) )

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2018

Wow, really lovely. I love your choice of colors - they bring a real serenity to the scene.

If you care to share, I would love to know what techniques you used for creating these.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Excellent study...

Rags
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Lovely colors. Have you tried arranging it horizontally? Seems like the panoramic aspect of each panel cries out for an overall panoramic treatment. I did a quick version which looked pretty good, but I think you'd have to experiment some with the amount of white space to get it right. Just a suggestion.

edited August 21, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion and the file Richard. I like it (see below), however I think it would be difficult to print unless you use a roll of some type, I printed the vertical version in 11 x 14 paper with each image about 4 inches wide.

@sarasphotos said:
    Wow, really lovely. I love your choice of colors - they bring a real serenity to the scene.

If you care to share, I would love to know what techniques you used for creating these.

Thanks Sara, I created two layers in PS, used the emboss filter for one and the find edges for the other and played with transparency. Once I was happy I went back to LR created two additional copies and played with hue, saturation and luminance. I hope this helps.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Thanks Cristóbal, that was just the info I was looking for!

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

@Juano said:
    Thanks for the suggestion and the file Richard. I like it (see below), however I think it would be difficult to print unless you use a roll of some type, I printed the vertical version in 11 x 14 paper with each image about 4 inches wide.

If you like it, you don't have to print it all at once--you can do three separate prints and mount them on a single triptych matte. Just a suggestion.

@Richard said:

@Juano said:

If you like it, you don't have to print it all at once--you can do three separate prints and mount them on a single triptych matte. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, I might do that. Thanks for taking the time to play with it.

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Lovely processing and save! thanks for the good info too.

@Cavalier said:
    Lovely processing and save! thanks for the good info too.

Thanks Jo!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Lets say IF I was buying....I would buy this!

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator

Very well done, I really like these three images.

I would have suggested having the tree a bit more centrally, and I would have been wrong - - these are perfect.!

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

@Stumblebum said:
    Lets say IF I was buying....I would buy this!

Maybe next time...!

@pathfinder said:
    Very well done, I really like these three images.

I would have suggested having the tree a bit more centrally, and I would have been wrong - - these are perfect.!

Glad you liked it!