Can't get unlisted folders to work properly

ArkansasPhotographerArkansasPhotographer Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
I am having a problem protecting some of my folders. I have a simple site with a custom domain. At the highest level, I have two folders: one is private with all its galleries public; the other is unlisted with its galleries and subfolders public. The private folder works properly, but the unlisted folder is accessible without the link. I can access it by either "customphotos.com" or "customphotos.com/unlisted-folder". I want the unlisted folder accessible only with the link. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited August 27, 2018

Can you access the unlisted folder without the trailing characters when you are not logged in to your account?

I just tested an unlisted folder on my site. If I am logged in I can access it using /Folder1. If I am not logged in I must use the full URL, including the funky characters at the end of the URL. If I don't include the "key" characters and I am not logged on I am taken to my 404 page.

• ArkansasPhotographerArkansasPhotographer Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 27, 2018
    I made sure that I was logged out of SM. I was able to access my site and the unlisted folder using either "customdomain.com" or "account.smugmug.com" with the "Log In" button appearing on the bottom-right corner of my home page, which, I believe, indicates that I am logged out. Additionally, when I am logged in, the Organize screen shows that the folder in question is Unlisted and the other one is Private. I would appreciate any suggestions that you may have as to how I can track down the problem. Thanks for your help.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator

I would suggest contacting the help desk and asking them to take a look.

A contact form is available at https://help.smugmug.com/contact, or you can email them at help@smugmug.com.

• ArkansasPhotographerArkansasPhotographer Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    Hanks, I will contact them.