DGRIN Mini Challenge #271 -- Music and Concerts : RESULTS

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins
edited August 30, 2018 in The Dgrin Challenges

Wow! Judging this one was tough! I really liked every single entry that was posted! I enjoyed seeing the different ways that everyone captured music. It just made me so happy to see them all. Sorry it has taken me so long to get the results posted. I ended up being a bit busier than I expected to be and seriously misjudged how much time I would need to decide on the winners.

First, a few comments:

JAG: Thanks for posting first to get this mini started. I loved all three of yours (as I usually do), so this was the perfect way to get the ball rolling on this mini. My favorite is your horn composition. It shows the creativity that I admire so much and don't possess myself, plus I loved the composition with the horn & sheet music with the background being a muted close-up of the trumpet's keys. So perfect!

GSPeP: Always tough to get decent shots at a concert, but you did well in spite of lighting challenges. I really like the 'hair light' in your first one "All I Know", plus it has great lighting on the guitar.

GrandmaR: I love all three of yours. I love the color in Musicians in Grenada, plus I am a bit partial to marching bands. :) If they had been playing instead of just marching, that one would have been the winner. ;) That said, your image of "When the Night Wind Howls" is so very interesting. It is a very creative composition, but that story just really sets it off and makes it a super cool image. Very strong. I love it.

Sara's Photos: The Alphorns are definitely unique. I love the splashes of color with the horns and the costumes. My favorite is your Musicians at Midnight. One can see (and hear) the joy of music in this shot.

Chandlerja: Again, three super nice entries. Being a Texas girl, and a marching band enthusiast/Mom/superfan, I love your shot of the Aggie Band. Again, I do wish they were playing, but it is a great shot without that. I do love Mardi Gras as well.

Mongoose330: I love the reflection of the piano keys in the sunglasses, but I am a big fan of your black & white "Shhhh Neighbours Sleeping". I definitely see the joy of music there. Most excellent!!

Pegelli: Three great choices yet again! I really like the Hurdy Gurdy player. Just enough attitude showing, plus it is a unique instrument so it makes this a very interesting image.

StueveShots: Most excellent entries, especially with theater lighting! Superb job with these. I am most drawn to #3 with its pop of red, plus the expression on the dog's face is simply priceless.

lkbart: Again, all three of yours fit the theme so perfectly. I LOVE the creativity in "Practice Session". That one is just so wonderfully put together, but I am drawn to Bass Instinct with the guitarist and the dancer (in mid-leap, no less). There is just enough mystery there to want to see more of what is going on.

Sapphire73: Thanks for sharing your entries. Too bad they are just for sharing. I love your second shot of the band/mini parade near Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

Now for the hard part--picking my favorites and determining the winner of this mini. UGH!! Why does it have to be so hard????

Really, I could have chosen any of these images to be the winner and been very happy with myself, but I cannot declare all of them the winner. I would have though if I could! Congratulations to all of you for the most excellent entries in the theme of Music and Concerts.

Honorable Mentions: (I seriously considering putting all entries right here....)
Sara's Photos -- Musicians at Midnight
Stueve Shots --The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow
Chandlerja -- Aggie Band
lkbart -- Bass Instinct

3rd place -- JAG "horn Composition"

2nd Place: Mongoose330 "Neighbours Sleeping"

1st Place/Winner: GrandmaR "When the Night Wind Howls"

Now I will figure out how to post the thumbnails of these images here. Congratulations everyone and thank you all for participating!! It was an honor and a pleasure hosting this mini.

Sherry P.

Comments