Options

Watermarking - Horizontal & vertical images

GrantsonUKGrantsonUK Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
Hi

A few months ago I found the solution on here to get my logo in the bottom corner of my images & have it be the same size on both horizontal and vertical images ( the transparent square)
I've got an event where the organizer wants their logo added to the watermark. I wanted to put this in the other bottom corner, but realized that this wont work with the square method.

Is there any way to do this other than applying the watermark to each image individually or uploading the horizontal and vertical images in batches?

Thanks
Grant

Comments

• Options
    Hero AmandaHero Amanda Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins

Hello Grant,

If they want their logo on the final images, you may want to consider applying a watermark to the original images before uploading. You can do this in programs like Lightroom.

If this won't work for what you are doing, the only other option I can think of is to create and apply different watermarks for vertical and horizontal images.

All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    edited September 6, 2018

I apply watermarks individually because I will want them in a certain spot since each photo is different. I really wish there was a way to move them around dynamically, but since that isn't an option, I created a series of the same watermark so I could apply them in almost any location. Honestly, it took a bit of work to save each and name them accordingly, but it works for me. It might not work for those with hundreds or more images from an event.

Here is a list of named watermarks I use, with descriptive names of locations. Each one is a separate watermark image. Note: this is an older screenshot -- the application screen looks different these days.

It does the job, but it is time consuming.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    GrantsonUKGrantsonUK Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    Thank you both,
    I feared that may be the case
    Thankfully I have been able to update the script that renames my files as part of the workflow to add an h or a v to the end of the filename

So I should be able to group them and apply the appropriate watermarks in two batches.

I had considered applying them prior to uploading but don't want either of the logos appearing on any purchased images.

Thanks
    Grant