Options

A climb up Haleakalā

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited September 13, 2018 in Landscapes

Aloha peeps!

Today I'm sharing a seldom shown aerial view of the upper slopes of Haleakalā, Maui's 10,038ft tall volcano. This road remains an attraction for many tourists and locals alike, as it's the only way to the summit, AND it's chocked full of tasty curves for the auto and bicycle enthusiasts. Atop the mountain, you can see small white structures. These are a combination of visitor center, visitor observatory, and separately a space observatory center with a big giant ass telescope that can see Uranus from a few million miles away.

While filming a motorsports video on this beautiful stretch of road, working the drone for a bit, I took note of this landscape and couldn't resist stopping for a quickie clicky. Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet! Very dry right now.....

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

If your drone can do long exposure then you need to create some long car trails.....or get multiple 30 second shots and fill up the car trails manually. It does get that busy in the mornings that it might fill up without much effort. You can do another one at same spot in evening hopefully people leaving and leaving red car trails.

Then you can add bit more of sky with sharp stars or even MW if you get it......

Right now sky is not helping much....cheers!

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    If your drone can do long exposure then you need to create some long car trails.....or get multiple 30 second shots and fill up the car trails manually. It does get that busy in the mornings that it might fill up without much effort. You can do another one at same spot in evening hopefully people leaving and leaving red car trails.

Then you can add bit more of sky with sharp stars or even MW if you get it......

Right now sky is not helping much....cheers!

These are great suggestions and I look forward to having another try!