Options

Has the dgrin cookie changed the way it allows me access?

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
edited December 7, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
As of yesterday, my dgrin access is not automatic when I open my browser. I have to manually log in. After a short while, the same dgrin open browser window logs me out and I have to log back in. If I open another browser window, I also have to log in with that one.

Before, I'd just load the browser and the cookies did all the work. What changed? :dunno

I always keep the good cookies around without squashing them.
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    As of yesterday, my dgrin access is not automatic when I open my browser. I have to manually log in. After a short while, the same dgrin open browser window logs me out and I have to log back in. If I open another browser window, I also have to log in with that one.

Before, I'd just load the browser and the cookies did all the work. What changed? ne_nau.gif

I always keep the good cookies around without squashing them.

David David David - nope nothing's changed, I'm sorry mate. What browser are you using on your new machine?
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    David David David - nope nothing's changed, I'm sorry mate. What browser are you using on your new machine?
    Still using the same machine and browser I was before. The new machine is not online yet. But the behavior has changed within the last 24 hours. A few months ago we were chatting in a thread about how the login never really worked correctly (for lots of people). It seems it is working now, but the cookie(s) are now not identifying and logging me on automatically as they used to do.

It's not a big problem for me. In fact, it might be great, if the fuctionality does what it is probably supposed to do. For people who log in from work, a user cookie that does not store user's access info can't allow other curious folks access that should be reserved for the registered Dgrin user. For moderators, it is a very good "feature," as I sure wouldn't want an associate to begin spoofing my usage and controls. (much less being able to delete the entire internet.)
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Still using the same machine and browser I was before. The new machine is not online yet. But the behavior has changed within the last 24 hours. A few months ago we were chatting in a thread about how the login never really worked correctly (for lots of people). It seems it is working now, but the cookie(s) are now not identifying and logging me on automatically as they used to do.

It's not a big problem for me. In fact, it might be great, if the fuctionality does what it is probably supposed to do. For people who log in from work, a user cookie that does not store user's access info can't allow other curious folks access that should be reserved for the registered Dgrin user. For moderators, it is a very good "feature," as I sure wouldn't want an associate to begin spoofing my usage and controls. (much less being able to delete the entire internet.)

Could change again, Baldy found the key to the data center and decided to play tonight there.

naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2005
    Found it. I must have been 1drink.gif again.

It was a security issue. I had something turned on that had local cookies masked as if they were off, so they couldn't be used. 11doh.gif My bad.
    My Smugmug