Options

Results: Dgrin Mini-Challenge #272 - BOATS

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,946 Major grins

I had a very hard time judging this mini and keeping to the guidelines I set for myself. I think it is hard to get a fresh and new perspective on boats - for one thing it is hard to get close enough to them, and their surroundings are often somewhat featureless. So I have picked my favorite from each person's entries more or less in order they were submitted

Sherry the Staten Island Ferry is just such a glowing statement that I can't fault it on size. But I can't pass up the last party boat with the splatter decoration

Joyce, although I don't often like wrecked boats (I find them sad and upsetting), I can't pass up Nomad in a sea of grass

Jo - I loved the photo of the little sailboat towing the dinghy on the flat calm Puget Sound

Sara I did like the photo of the winch - it was a welcome difference in perspective

Moose, in spite of the Air Force joke (my daughter was in the AF), I just loved "After the Storm" It is like a beacon of warmth on a vast sea

Lillian my favorite was the canoes with the overarching trees and the soft sunlight

Kurt I have a hard time picking between Captain Jack and Scooting Around in Maine. I love shrimp boats, but the other one looks like such FUN

Pieter all of yours were great - I enjoyed the 'boathouse' one too. My favorite was Five in a Row

Peter all of yours were terrific and it was hard to pick but I loved the lonely little rowboat at low tide

Mongoose, I thought the sailboat photo was just stunning. I don't often like the very saturated colors but in this case I thought it was just right

David - Rush is a really different and nice perspective. But I liked your "extra" better than all the rest.

sapphire I loved your little flower decorated tugboat.

So here are the results

First Peter
the lonely little rowboat at low tide

Second Mongoose

Third Moose

And HM to everyone else.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments