Luxury Maui Penthouse

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Aloha gang,

Wrapped another luxury penthouse video last night! 3 years ago, I thought shooting multi-million dollar properties would be far from my reach. It's crazy today that I get to use some of the richest bathrooms around from time to time. Just sayin'... 😂

Best viewed in 4k with good sound.

Camera lineup:

Sony a7r iii
DJI Phantom 4
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,748 moderator
    edited September 23, 2018

Bravo! Really well done. Only nit is that some scenes seem a little on the "cold" side for color temperature. I suggest a little warmer color grading in middle and lower tones for scenes with wood and woodgrain, which would make them more comforting and inviting.

Love the ramped-speedup/hyperlapse treatment and edgy music which help to keep interest and edginess to the production.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Mahalo Ziggy!

The coloring was indeed a tough bear to wrestle on this one in particular. The unit is painted a pale flat white, with super dark furniture & accents. I agree, a little warming would do it some love, I may revisit it just for posterity.

I started using hyper lapse about 2 years ago, but I had gotten into the habit of essentially making it a partial hyper lapse tour of the space, rather than a cinematic presentation. Nowadays, I enjoy the practice of using the effect somewhat sparingly.