Apple Mojave Safari 12.0 site navigation errors - Solved

Rich3153Rich3153 Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
edited September 30, 2018 in SmugMug Support
I've had a the occasional glitch with Safari over the past few months but now with the upgrade to Mojave complete, logging into to Smugmug works fine, but I have a problem with the Organiser. If I click a folder on the left, I get an error message which states:

{
"meta": {
"stat": "fail",
"method": "rpc.organizer.getnodesbypath",
"cache": true
},
"results": {
"code": 1,
"message": "invalid login"
}
}

I'm unable to open the folder (or any folder) to go any further. Pop-ups are allowed on the site which works fine in Chrome so I still have access but is there a workaround for this for Safari?

Rich

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

Have you tried clearing the cache or cookies recently to see if setting a new one clears out the error?

Are you using a custom domain?

Safari is making things difficult for users with custom domains. Apple is doing great things to keep your information private but it means things are very hard for sites like SmugMug who do things on your behalf

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

Rich,

On the help desk we have been suggesting the following steps and they have been helping most users.

1) Log out of SmugMug
    2) Clear Safari's History (Safari > Clear History > All Time)
    3) Quit and relaunch Safari
    4) Login from www.smugmug.com normally.

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Rich3153Rich3153 Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins

@Teach said:
    Rich,

On the help desk we have been suggesting the following steps and they have been helping most users.

1) Log out of SmugMug
    2) Clear Safari's History (Safari > Clear History > All Time)
    3) Quit and relaunch Safari
    4) Login from www.smugmug.com normally.

Thats worked perfectly and solved the problem. Thread marked as 'solved'.

Thanks
    Rich

• MattHagenMattHagen Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Thanks for the hint!

This helped me solve a problem under OS X Mojave and Safari 12.0 where I could log in, but couldn't see any unlisted galleries.

I didn't have to delete all my history – just Smugmug's data. (This way you don't have to go back and log back into every website.)

My suggestion would be to replace #2 above with:
    Go to Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data, and search for Smugmug.com.
    Click "Remove" rather than "Remove all."

I didn't even relaunch Safari, but did log back into www.smugmug.com (rather than my custom subdomain).

Thanks again!
  • EtienneEtienne Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins

Hi,

I observed the same error and clean up the safari history solves the problem temporarily.
    As the problem may come back to Safari, I noticed that selecting "Safari / Setting for this website" and disabling the content blocker for smugmug allowed me to use Safari again. Until when ? We'll see.
    Happy New Year to all the team

Etienne