Options

How to create PDF Price list which can be sent to clients?

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins

Hi!
I would like to create an artistic looking PDF price list which I can send to new prospects. I would include samples of my wedding photography, information and send it via an email.
Question: How to do you create PDF Price list which can be sent to clients?
Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    sdbsdb Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2018

Hi, personally I use photoshop for my pdf price list, but there are other programs even more suitable as indesign (or other graphics program) if you want to create layouts with many graphic elements.

A couple of other considerations...I like a simple and clean integration of photos and texts, for this photoshop is enough. This is also to keep the pdf as light as possible, as well as readable: too much weight and too many graphic elements are often counterproductive. Clients must immediately get the info while enjoying beautiful images.

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

You can also use Microsoft Word - for text and pictures. Easily converted to PDF.

• Options
    KellyCKellyC Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2018

Just create a document that can be printed. Then send it to a pdf printer... There are many programs for free download on the internet the will create a pdf file. I have used foxit, pdf995, primoPDF and Microsoft Print to PDF. These are all printer drivers, all you have to do is set one of them as your printer, then print the document. It will ask you for a filename... Then it prints the document to a file.

Just google free pdf printers and choose one of them

Best wishes

• Options
    sdbsdb Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2018

@Cavalier said:
    You can also use Microsoft Word - for text and pictures. Easily converted to PDF.

At the beginning I also used word, but after a short time you realize that the creative possibilities are limited.
    I'd recommend using Word only if you don't have to insert photos/graphics in the document.

Anyway, everything depends on personal needs and what's good for one is not good for the other ;)

• Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins

As a suggestion - once you create the PDF you can upload your file to the web and link your SmugMug to the file.
    Example - jones photography uploads her PDF files to a google drive then shares the link on her site.
    https://www.cindijonesphotography.com/Business-Info
    This makes it easy so that the site visitor can see the information on the site. This reduces emails - just simply go to the to review the PDF file.

• jerryr