Double reflection

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Comments

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Nice catch! Wonderful how the man to the right also seems to look in to that mirror, having noticed the other man in the mirror. I also do like the rather matte color processing on this one. Suites the picture very well!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Nice catch! Wonderful how the man to the right also seems to look in to that mirror, having noticed the other man in the mirror. I also do like the rather matte color processing on this one. Suites the picture very well!

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good one, Richard! I don't check this forum often enough and didn't see it until now.

Cheers, Don. Sadly, it's so slow these days that one doesn't have to check very often.

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Cheers, Don. Sadly, it's so slow these days that one doesn't have to check very often.

Glad I did check Richard - It's a nice capture. Four images in one. ;
    )

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2019

@Richard said:

I am firmly convinced that this "traffic problem" has to do with how Vanilla Forums handles posts that have been read. I.e. in the old forum software the posts that you had read disappeared from the list (were filtered out) and so the landing page (what is now "Recent Discussions") included only unread items and not a lot of dead wood. I'm pretty sure that most people don't scroll past page one of Recent Discussions so they may not catch anything new that's a couple of days old. Since this was changed I have seen a drastic drop in views of many threads and such things as the minis.

And BTW... as usual, very good catch Richard!

edited February 5, 2019

Thanks John and Sara.
    You may be right, Sara. Most of us preferred the older software for a number of reasons. Just as a reminder, you can mitigate the problem somewhat by muting categories that you don't care about and selecting the "Following" view on the Discussions page. That way new posts in those categories don't take up space in the Recent Discussions page. For example, I don't do programming, so I have muted the SmugMug API category. Muting is done with the little gear icon on the Categories page. And you can always see a longer list of posts for a given category by visiting the category page.