Some cars with character

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited October 7, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

1 )

This is a 1929 Duesenberg Murphy Convertible Coupe. Is it any wonder why the folks with the big bucks flocked to the Duesenberg line of cars.

2 )

This stylish ride was a favorite of the Hollywood bunch. It's a 1926 Kissel 875 Speedster

3 )

A 1931 Duesenberg Derham Tourster

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Wow, those are stunning, Tom! Thanks for sharing!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@moose135 said:
    Wow, those are stunning, Tom! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, John. Are you planning on any trips up to the high country during leaf time?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Thanks, John. Are you planning on any trips up to the high country during leaf time?

I plan to - we're going to see Billy Joel in Winston-Salem this weekend, but if the colors look good the following weekend, we'll probably take a rid up that way.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice set, Tom. I especially like the Kissel

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Total beauties! Thanks for bringing them to us Tom!

edited October 11, 2018

@willard3 said:
    Nice set, Tom. I especially like the Kissel

I suspect that the Kissel was a fashion statement as opposed to a general use car. Its primary use was likely something like taking the owner to the country club in style. These cars were probably members of a multi-car family. That old, moneyed crowd had their toys too.

@Stumblebum said:
    Total beauties! Thanks for bringing them to us Tom!

I'm happy to show some vehicles that some of you, who are not necessarily car folks, might otherwise never see.

Take care,

Tom