Options

Android app can access only one site?

SpokesriderSpokesrider Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
My wife was able to use the android app to look at the photos on my SmugMug site. So far, so good. But I'd like to merge some of her photos with mine for a presentation (galleries) that we can make available to friends and relatives to view. (Her photos are all taken on her phone, a Pixel.) And maybe she'd like to do the same in reverse. So it seems that now that she has her own SmugMug space, she can no longer use the Android app to view mine. She can do it through a web browser, but that's weird that now that she has her own space she has to use a different app to see mine. Am I missing something. Is there really no way to specify which smugmug site you want to view in the Android app?

By the way, before setting up a separate SmugMug site for her I also tried using the feature whereby she can upload photos to one of my galleries, but when we select her vacation photos to share there is a message saying she selected too many. It will allow only 200 photos to be uploaded that way, and she has around 900 vacation photos that I'd like to pick through. And it doesn't work anyway. Even if we try uploading a few from her phone to a gallery by sharing them to SmugMug, it claims that it's uploading them, but it doesn't (and the process goes so fast that there is no way they could be uploaded that fast, anyway).

Comments

• Options
    SpokesriderSpokesrider Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    We've made this a non-issue by deciding that my wife and I will just share the same account instead of having two separate ones. But it's still strange that the only way I can switch the Android app to make it use our shared account is by deleting the app and reinstalling it.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

@Spokesrider said:
    My wife was able to use the android app to look at the photos on my SmugMug site. So far, so good. But I'd like to merge some of her photos with mine for a presentation (galleries) that we can make available to friends and relatives to view. (Her photos are all taken on her phone, a Pixel.) And maybe she'd like to do the same in reverse. So it seems that now that she has her own SmugMug space, she can no longer use the Android app to view mine. She can do it through a web browser, but that's weird that now that she has her own space she has to use a different app to see mine. Am I missing something. Is there really no way to specify which smugmug site you want to view in the Android app?

There's a few things you could have done. First, on the tab-bar at the bottom is an icon of multiple people; this is the "Following" tab. It lets you follow another SmugMug photographer. While signed into her account, she could follow you and be able to pull up any of your public photos. She wouldn't be able to upload to them, and any unlisted or private folders/galleries wouldn't be shown, but she could share any of the public photos you've placed on your account.

Secondly, you can switch accounts by tapping on Settings (the gear icon from the home screen of the app), and choosing "Account" and then "Logout".

@Spokesrider said:

By the way, before setting up a separate SmugMug site for her I also tried using the feature whereby she can upload photos to one of my galleries, but when we select her vacation photos to share there is a message saying she selected too many. It will allow only 200 photos to be uploaded that way, and she has around 900 vacation photos that I'd like to pick through. And it doesn't work anyway. Even if we try uploading a few from her phone to a gallery by sharing them to SmugMug, it claims that it's uploading them, but it doesn't (and the process goes so fast that there is no way they could be uploaded that fast, anyway).

We'd love to know more about this so we can make sure it works properly for you. If it occurs in the future, let us know by emailing the Support Heroes right away and we can dive further!

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations