One Too Many Fireplaces

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Hey Tom--are you a time traveler returned from after some future apocalypse? You certainly have a talent for finding ruins.

Nice find and nice shot. :+1:

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Hey Tom--are you a time traveler returned from after some future apocalypse? You certainly have a talent for finding ruins.

Nice find and nice shot. :+1:

Hi, Richard. When you get as far off the beaten path as I do when I'm stomping around deep in the Appalachians, scenes like this are not uncommon. When finding ruins like this, I always try and envision what the place was like when it was up and running. Figuring the purpose of old houses and barns is easy. Occasionally, something like this crops up and its history is not so clear. The third fireplace at the rear seemed to indicate it served a commercial purpose of some sort. I couldn't probe around this place a whole lot....lots of things to snag me and, as usual, you've got to watch out for old Jake No Shoulders.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

That place is a good candidate for flipping into a really nice place!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Thanks for the visit, Orv. I'd pass on the rehab with this one. The site it sits on, however, is primo.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Another treasure unearthed! Bravo Tom! Oh I am trying so hard to not fall into envy!

edited October 21, 2018

Many thanks, buddy. I can cure that lurking envy. Get yourself over here and traipse these mountains with me. I'll warn you, though. It gets in your blood.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Oh if I could I would! Maybe one day! If you are in Bay Area California......pleeeeeeez ping me! Cheers!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very nice, Tom!

edited October 24, 2018

@Cornflake said:
    Very nice, Tom!

Thanks, Don. I appreciate the visit. BTW, that bubble work you did has got me interested in trying something of a similar nature.