My workplace for a day

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited November 8, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

Aloha gang!

Usually I stop by the forums to share aerial panoramas, or flora & fauna that I find around me. Tonight, however, I thought it would be fun to share a little peek into what I do for work.

My wife and I own and operate a small media production company on the island of Maui. We create commercial media for businessas via photography, cinematic video production, and 3D imaging. Additionally, we provide family beach portraiture to vacationers, most of which is contacted out to our fellow photographers.

My specialty over the past four years has been architectural media creation. I shoot luxury homes, building sites, condos and resorts.

The photos you see are from a luxury home project I shot on Saturday. This home is all about the quiet upcountry life, cooler weather, and of course, spectacular views, which absolutely must be showcased effectively, and most importantly, realistically.

Each of these is a single exposure, using a combination of radio speedlights. The ground images were shot on a Sony A7riii + 16-35mm 2.8 G Master. Aerials are from a Mavic 2 Zoom.

Mahalo for taking the time to view, enjoy!

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Yeah, may God protect us from envy and jealousy. Great place captured wonderfully.

Customer is all that matters........

I personally would lose #1 or chop of the small rectangle at top above the white space.....also try to clone out the flowers in bottom of the frame.....losing it is easier....

For second one too I will lose the top rectangle and fans and all that just keep the white area and below....

Rest are truly fabulous!

Cheers JBR!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Yeah, may God protect us from envy and jealousy. Great place captured wonderfully.

Customer is all that matters........

I personally would lose #1 or chop of the small rectangle at top above the white space.....also try to clone out the flowers in bottom of the frame.....losing it is easier....

For second one too I will lose the top rectangle and fans and all that just keep the white area and below....

Rest are truly fabulous!

Cheers JBR!

Mahalo Taz, and I agree completely with your edit suggestions. The only reason I left so much ceiling is that the client specifically requested that I show that ceiling detail often. Go figure! I definitely should've cloned the flowers in the bottom on the close shot, you're right.

Thanks for taking the time!