Old Farm Stuff

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1 )

2 ) I shot this glorious place from several angles, some of which do not show the car trail near the old house. I purposefully left it in this shot to give you some idea of the kind of " roads " I often find myself on. Truthfully, some of the places I take my truck make that trail you see look like a super highway.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Great finds and processing. I love living in Southern Cal. but old sights like that are very hard to find here. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2018

@OrvSal said:
    Great finds and processing. I love living in Southern Cal. but old sights like that are very hard to find here. Thanks for sharing.

Hi, Orv. Great to hear from you. Scavengers of old barn wood have put a dent in the number of easily accessible targets. But if you get way back in the hollows like I like to do, you see this kind of stuff all over the place.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow wow wow wow! #2 is postcard for sure! Bravo Tom!~

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

We lived in north Idaho for a few years and enjoyed exploring the back roads by the lakes, old mining roads. Miss those times.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow wow wow wow! #2 is postcard for sure! Bravo Tom!~

Mighty kind words, Taz. Your support is greatly appreciated.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like the POV in no 2, Tom_

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Those are a couple of neat finds, Tom!

@OrvSal said:
    We lived in north Idaho for a few years and enjoyed exploring the back roads by the lakes, old mining roads. Miss those times.

I hear you, Orv. There's something that pulls on me to get out there where a lot of folks don't go....or don't even know about.

@willard3 said:
    I like the POV in no 2, Tom_

I wrestled with which POV to run with, Jeff. I'm glad this one struck your fancy.

@moose135 said:
    Those are a couple of neat finds, Tom!

I'm sure, John, that you can attest to the fact that scenes like this are all over. You just have to be committed to digging around and rooting them out.