Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited August 3, 2016 in Journeys
Over the years I've been on three different DSNGRR photographers trips. This gives one the opportunity to get out of the train since it is photographer's special and then take photos along the way in some very picturesque locations which do not have easy access do other than by getting there on the train itself. They also try to have some type of nighttime shoot in the rail yard and the turntable and the roundhouse. The night time shoot is a separate fee. Here are some shots for those trips in both color and black and white.

1a. Nos. 481 & 482 in the Roundhouse for some scheduled maintenance.
i-MXgVd3h-L.jpg

1b. Nos. 481 & 482 in the Roundhouse for some scheduled maintenance. Color version.
i-zLS5G55-L.jpg

2a No. 486 on the Turntable getting ready to go into the roundhouse.
i-LCM9xPG-L.jpg

2b No. 486 on the Turntable getting ready to go into the roundhouse.
i-57KbSb3-L.jpg

3a. No.486 dumping the firebox while preparing to go into the roundhouse.
i-mb7CV7c-XL.jpg

3b No.486 dumping the firebox while preparing to go into the roundhouse.
i-J58jLV5-XL.jpg

4a No. 481 crossing the Animas River
i-64cMVjB-XL.jpg

4b No. 481 crossing the Animas River
i-wdGJk87-XL.jpg

More images from my Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad by clicking on this link.
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2016
    I really like the busy feel in these photos, i think it will be good wall art esp 1 and 3 plus bw variation
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2016
    I really like the busy feel in these photos, i think it will be good wall art esp 1 and 3 plus bw variation

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2016
    Very nice images, Dixie! I know subjects like this call out for black and white, but I think I prefer the color versions, especially of the first two pairs, to me, they have a little grittier look, but they are all well done. Last year, I drove through Durango, and stopped on the side of the road to photograph Engine 480 pulling a train back into Durango. It really was neat to see.
  • NealBallNealBall Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    Interesting to see some Railway photos on here, the shed scenes capture a busy railway scene very well.

These are my first few days on Smugmug, where do I find other railway shots? Thanks
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

@NealBall said:
    Interesting to see some Railway photos on here, the shed scenes capture a busy railway scene very well.

These are my first few days on Smugmug, where do I find other railway shots? Thanks

Welcome to Dgrin, Neal!

We've had a few train posts, mostly in Other Cool Shots, and a few in Landscapes I believe. I know I've posted one or two myself. I'm not having much luck searching for them unfortunately. Maybe you can add one. :smile: