Bull Moose in Jasper National Park

MoonMan04MoonMan04 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited November 14, 2018 in Wildlife

This past week I had an amazing time photographing bull moose and other large species such as elk and big horn sheep, but these moose really captivated me. Here are a few shots that I took. Check out my other photos at moonman.photography. Let me know what you think! Thanks

Kyle C. Moon
Portfolio: Moonman.Photography

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited November 17, 2018

Really cool gesture in these images. How close were you to these moose? How long was your lens?

I am sure you know, but moose can be extremely dangerous to unwitting primates nearby?

When we were camping in Denali National Park in a park campground, a tourist got stomped by a mother moose, and had one ear ripped off as well. Ended up in the hospital with several fractured ribs and minus a helix.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Beautiful photos, Moose Approved! :)

• MoonMan04MoonMan04 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins

@pathfinder said:
    Really cool gesture in these images. How close were you to these moose? How long was your lens?

I am sure you know, but moose can be extremely dangerous to unwitting primates nearby?

When we were camping in Denali National Park in a park campground, a tourist got stomped by a mother moose, and had one ear ripped off as well. Ended up in the hospital with several fractured ribs and minus a helix.

Yes, I'm very aware of how dangerous moose can be, thanks for your concern. I see pedestrians walk right up to these behemoths with their cell phones trying to capture a great shot all the time. These images were taken from my car window. I spotted them foraging in the ditch then all 3 bull moose climbed out onto the road and started fooling around while licking salt off the road. Also I was using a Sigma 150-600mm lens. But yeah, this was a very exciting moment for me!

Kyle C. Moon
    Portfolio: Moonman.Photography

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

The second last shot is great poster!