Download photo with captions, titles & keywords

Saurav AnandSaurav Anand Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins

Hi Team,

I'm from PicBackMan team, we do have lot of user's request is to migrate/download galleries from SmugMug with NOTES associated with every gallery.

Could you please suggest if there is any way to get it done? It would be great if we could enable this feature for SmugMug users.

Please let me know if any input is required from our-side.

Tagged:

Comments

• gibertigiberti Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins

Hi Saurav,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "NOTES", but if you mean Title, Caption, or Keywords, those are all included in the /api/v2/image/:ImageKey endpoint. If you mean the Comments that visitors leave on an image, those are all available at /api/v2/image/:ImageKey!comments endpoint.

By way of example:
    Title, Caption and Keywords: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2/image/jPPKD2c-1
    Comments: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2/image/jPPKD2c!comments

Cheers!

APIv2 and OAuth are your friend! Having issues? Just ask, I can help!
  • Saurav AnandSaurav Anand Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2018

HI Giberti,

Thanks much for your response. I can get EXIF data in the form of json by the endpoints you have provided according to requirements but i was wondering if there is some way/endpoint by which i can get the downloadable url of photos and when download done on local machine the EXIF data (photo description, Tags, Keywords) will remain intact?

I can download galleries & their photos now but the EXIF data/metadata is not coming along with photos.

Please suggest.

• Saurav AnandSaurav Anand Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins

Hi Giberti,

I wanted to quickly share an update that we have introduced this feature in the new PicBackMan version where a SmugMug user can now download his/her photos from SmugMug with their Title, Caption and Keywords - and this works when the user uploaded the photos to Smugmug with this data OR if the user added/edit this data in the SmugMug photo page.

We've updated some of our users as well and sharing to let you know as well.

Thanks.