Client Check Out Problem

JonesyJonesy Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 29, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi guys,
I received the below email last night (5:30pm EST) from a client. Unfortunately, she doesn't provide a whole lot of information. Any ideas on what the problem might be and if so how to fix it? If not, what information should I ask her that would be helpful in trying to pinpoint the problem (i.e. what browser are you using, at what point during check out do you get the error message, is there an error number referenced, etc.)? :scratch

I've tried about 4-5 times to buy photos and every time I get an error message cannot find server right when I get to check out. Any ideas how to fix that? It's getting close to the shower and I'd like to get the photos for the cook book.
thanks,
Gina

Thanks much!

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Hi Gina,

Welcome to Digital Grin wave.gif

As you seem to have suspected yourself, there really isn't any info here that might help us to help your client.

The easiest and fastest way for us to help your client is if (s)he contacts us at the helpdesk, preferably with as much information as possible :D If not, we'll ask for it, though thumb.gif

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • JonesyJonesy Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Will do and thanks again!
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Gina,

Welcome to Digital Grin wave.gif

As you seem to have suspected yourself, there really isn't any info here that might help us to help your client.

The easiest and fastest way for us to help your client is if (s)he contacts us at the helpdesk, preferably with as much information as possible :D If not, we'll ask for it, though thumb.gif

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • ericsf8ericsf8 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2008
    Turn pop up blocker off
    Jonesy wrote:
    Will do and thanks again!
    I had the exact same thing happen with a client and asked them to turn off their pop up blocker to fix the issue. I'm sure you already fixed the issue, but for others out there who may have this problem I decided to post.
  • lorraineglorraineg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I am a client with check out problems. I clicked check out with Pay Pal. On the review your order screen and I get the message: "We're so sorry! There was an error submitting your order, please refresh this page and try again." So I fresh and click again and I get the same message. I did it 10 more times, all the while reading in the support section. I found nothing about this issue. I look all over to find a "contact us" so I could reach out for help with my issue. There isn't any place on the site that I can see where I can go to contact Smug mug about payment issues. So I decided to join this forum because it seems the only place I can find a pulse on the website. I wonder, will I be charged for all those clicks? I just want one photo! Pay Pal already emailed me thanking me for my order. I can't seem to get past the review order tab to the thank you tab. This has been a royal pain. I am not a happy customer. I will also be email my photographer.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited November 14, 2018

@lorraineg said:
    I am a client with check out problems. I clicked check out with Pay Pal.

You might contact the SmugMug help desk for assistance. You can reach them by email at help@smugmug.com.

• lorraineglorraineg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I emailed help@smugmug.com on November 14th 2018 about my issues with buying a photo. No one returned my email. It has been 5 days.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@lorraineg said:
    I emailed help@smugmug.com on November 14th 2018 about my issues with buying a photo. No one returned my email. It has been 5 days.

Check your spam folder to make sure the reply is not there.

If you don't find it, I would try again. You can also try using this form - https://help.smugmug.com/contact. Make sure to let them know what site you are experiencing a problem with.

You should also contact the photographer. He or she can contact SmugMug if they can't help you.

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

Lorraine,

Please email the help desk at help@smugmug.com and we will be more than willing to help you with the checkout problems. Our response time is within an hour or so so if you don't hear back with a couple hours at most then that means we somehow never got your email.

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero