Wright Patterson AFB Museum

b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins

I was missing my daughter who is currently serving in the Air Force, so I decided to take a trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum to try out my new Sony FE85mm /f1.8 lens. Love going to this place to photograph. Here are a few with this lens. I cannot imagine being in ball turret during WWII.

Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.

Comments

• FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

A friend was the curator there for many years. I only visited once, and was amazed at the size of that place (and there's SO much area that is not public where restoration is ongoing).

A lot of people have no clue this place exists, but know Air & Space in DC. To me this is MUCH bigger and better. I highly recommend it if you get anywhere near Dayton.

And... very nice photos. :)

• b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins

@Ferguson said:
    A friend was the curator there for many years. I only visited once, and was amazed at the size of that place (and there's SO much area that is not public where restoration is ongoing).

A lot of people have no clue this place exists, but know Air & Space in DC. To me this is MUCH bigger and better. I highly recommend it if you get anywhere near Dayton.

And... very nice photos. :)

Yes, last time I was at Wright Patterson, they only had I think 3 hangers open. Now there are 4, with ICBM's in there now. I just picked up my Sigma 24mm f/1.4 last night, may have to take another ride this Saturday, back up there.
    Thanks.

Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.
  • GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2018

Very nice i love the light, the last one has the color thing on the bottom left that it is very distracting, it looks like a PIP, otherwise it is perfect

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very nice work. I've been to the museum several times, but not since the latest building was opened, so I'm due for another visit. One thing I love about the place - beyond all the amazing exhibits, is how camera friendly they are. I haven't been to their web site lately, but the section on photography actually talked about white balance(!) and not only do they allow, but they encourage the use of tripods!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Light is indeed sweet! Wonderful captures Gatto!

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Light is indeed sweet! Wonderful captures Gatto!

Thank you Taz, but i cant take credit for them :-)

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator

I love Wright-Patterson also, especially their warbirds of WW I and WW II.

Very nice frames of the Memphis Belle. You have any more you'd like to share?

The National Aero Space Museum at Dulles Airport in Washington DC is quite interesting as well, although the birds are really packed in tight and suspended three levels deep which can make it challenging to achieve the backgrounds one wants at times.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator

Please do thank your daughter for her military service.

I am quite envious of your images of the Memphis Belle.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums